Tax return = Quaife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tax return = Quaife

Well just found out my tax return is going to be about 4 times what I expected, so its time for some toys. I'm starting the research process for what is going to be involved in getting a Quaife LSD. Between normal driving and starting Auto-X, it will be wonderful for Buffalo winters and rally. Did a search but didn't come up with much. I remember reading somewhere that its not quite a direct sway in, that you had to separate something from the old diff and install it on the Quaife. Don't quite remember though. Anyone know any hidden pitfalls to installing one? And any special places to get one the cheapest (relative I know)

Carson
    sigpic
    ~ Remember the Past, Embrace the Future, and always live life In This Moment

only place i know to get one is saturnmotorsports.com
    and the ring gear is the part that has to be reused

Comment

YOu need to remove differentail gear and install it on the quafe. When SPS offered them, they charge about 500 more for one with a gear alreadu installed on it.

Oh....and since I can only afford a phantom grip, and you are getting a quafe..you just made it to the bastid list with Green Monstah.
      -6S Resident Mechanical Forensics member #001.
      1995 SC2 Turbo 3.6L DOHC, 6sp manual, Ford 8.8 rearend running on MS3x.
      1998 F-250 5.4L triton...stock.

Comment

welcome to the club, well almost

and yea the ring gear is what you need to swap over. and bearings will have to be pressed onto it. For the ring gear install you need to drill out the rivets on the old diff. Find some nice grade bolts that will thread into the diff(ask TimT where he got his from and what size and such) and then you just bolt the ring gear onto the quaife. You just gotta be careful about it tightening in a star pattern, slowly. I think there is also some debate about the torque specs for the bolts too. Again, ask Tim how much he tightened his down too.

Comment

I've been wanting to get one for a while now, and am excited as all hell that I actually have the money around now. I already have the money set aside to do struts, springs, rear swaybar, strut mounts, and bushings. Should be at the end of march when I get back from school and get to start playing.

Whats involved with changing over the ring gear? I've already had the tranny apart so getting to it isn't a question.

Carson
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SupraCharged007
            For the ring gear install you need to drill out the rivets on the old diff. Find some nice grade bolts that will thread into the diff(ask TimT where he got his from and what size and such) and then you just bolt the ring gear onto the quaife. You just gotta be careful about it tightening in a star pattern, slowly. I think there is also some debate about the torque specs for the bolts too. Again, ask Tim how much he tightened his down too.
            lol

Comment

I'll PM you the info on the quaife. I asked TimT about the Quaife a couple of weeks ago. I've got the size and type of bolts you'll need and how to install the ring gear correctly.
              I'm a TSN'r.

Comment

I hate all you quaife owners......i want one.....

I think Billy should give me his for the shens he pulled on me with the coilovers. [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/lol.gif[/img]

Comment

hahah, that shit was good you know it [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Dont talk to me, were still fighting.... [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/lol.gif[/img]

Comment

haha, SupraCharged007 you must have written the same time I was b/c that wasn't there when I started [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/smile.gif[/img] I'm also looking at getting the Fidanza flywheel while I'm at it and have the car ripped apart. Thanks AZSaturntuner for getting me the info.

And I figured I'd get some interesting responses to the Quaife, haha

Carson
                      sigpic

Comment

If you are looking for a good deal on the Fidanza check e-bay there is a guy that sells them on there for a pretty good price. I don remember the name exactly but his seller name has "rev" in it somewhere, i think....

Comment

I found one for 286 shipped on there, don't remember the seller though.
                          sigpic

Comment

Yeah, i saw that one too, i havent worked with that company but the one i have worked with has one on there for $295. And i got it two days after i ordered it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FIDAN...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

Best price I've found on the quaife so far is $1159.60 with out the ring gear. Saturnmotor sports is listed at 1750 with the ring gear. For the difference I think I'll just swap it over.

Carson
                              sigpic

Comment