HOW TO: MORE POWER LESS COST?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOW TO: MORE POWER LESS COST?

I HAVE RECENTLY BOUGHT SOME OBX HEADERS, RAN A BELT W/O AC, AND WAS WONDERING HOW I WOULD GO ABOUT GETTING MORE POWER OUT OF THE DOHC WITHOUT SPENDING A LOT OF $$?

[img]{SMILIES_PATH}/caps.gif[/img]
    [img width=600 height=150]http://www.sixthsphere.com/storage2/images/wejag665buljx09mu77e.jpg[/img]<br />99SL2 w/97SC2M Engine/Trans Swap, CAI, 2.25 Custom Exhaust

Comment

Re: HOW TO: MORE POWER LESS COST?

Originally posted by SaturnlTuner
      I HAVE RECENTLY BOUGHT SOME OBX HEADERS, RAN A BELT W/O AC, AND WAS WONDERING HOW I WOULD GO ABOUT GETTING MORE POWER OUT OF THE DOHC WITHOUT SPENDING A LOT OF $$?
      I'll say this once and once only: it takes money to make power.

if you aren't willing to spend money to make more power, then you're wasting your time even considering it.
      -Vinny

Comment

nitrous is the best power per dollar thing you can do

Comment

Originally posted by ProjectSW1
          :caps:

[img]{SMILIES_PATH}/lol.gif[/img]
          [quote author="S.Bretz"]I couldn't get mine off when I was 16, I had to have someone else that was stronger then me pull it off. He almost took it in the fore head. It was quite comical from my point of view.[/quote]<br />[quote author="ProjectSW1"]it should be licking my asshole whilst jerking me off and giving occasional tongue lashings to mah nuts... WHILE FLYING MY ASS TO VEGAS!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]<br />2005 Chili Pepper Red Redline - Carbon Fiber Badges, boost gauge, oil pressure gauge, GMPP 2-pass endplate, soon OTT Stage 1.

Comment

weight removal is free...
            SaturnSeries.net Owner
            '99 SC2 Project Car build thread

Comment

Im talking about only spending a couple hundred dollars not much more.

Comment

Im talking about only spending a couple hundred dollars not much more.
                lol keep saving

Comment

like i said nitrous
                  http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NItrous- ... 4186QQrdZ1
                  you could probably get a used kit cheaper

Comment

Originally posted by Schizzo97SC2

if you aren't willing to spend money to make more power, then you're wasting your time even considering it.
                    That's twice I believe.
                    ilostmysocketwrench | Bentra Motorsports Blog | Bentra Motorsports Videos

Comment

Originally posted by jts749
                      like i said nitrous
                      http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NItrous- ... 4186QQrdZ1
                      you could probably get a used kit cheaper
                      most of us running safe & reliable setups have spent close to $1000 on our setup, and there is a recurring cost of filling the bottle. depending on how much it is per pound is how "cost efficient" it will be in the end.

you can try running cams (aftermarket or two intake cams), do a custom exhaust, tune with a SAFC2 and a wideband o2, and you might pick up a few horses after basic bolt-ons. stripping it will help your power to weight but it's not going to make more power, just help it move easier.
                      -Vinny

Comment

Originally posted by ProDarwin
                        Originally posted by Schizzo97SC2

That's twice I believe.
                        it's in one post dingus lol
                        -Vinny

Comment

Appreciate the advice... I might finish the exhaust out but have almost done most of the basic bolt ons....

Comment

get a junkyard head and learn how to port and polish. that with the cams and SAFC will get you going pretty good.

too bad you wasted all that money on a body kit and big wheels [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/confused.gif[/img]
                            98 SL2m - Intake, Raceland coilovers, daily driver
                            94 SW2a>m - slammed and boosted 9 PSI - sloppymechanics.com inspired. Now owned by Importsdontlikeme.
                            94 SC2m - Build in progress, Ford EDIS, 720cc's, stock engine, MS2v3.57 7 on the road again

Comment

Originally posted by punkboySL2
                              get a junkyard head and learn how to port and polish. that with the cams and SAFC will get you going pretty good.

too bad you wasted all that money on a body kit and big wheels :?
                              I 2nd that

your about at the same time and place ware I decided to go turbo

the furst thing I did was to sell my 17 inch wheels and racing stile seats

O yeah there is one way to go faster .... put your 15inch stock wheels back on you can gane up to a full secnet in the 1/4 mile

Comment