sms ion header?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sms ion header?

Does anyone have this, if so how good is it? also, is there anyone selling one?

also, if there is any that is better, please let me know.

Comment

if you have the 2.2 ion, i'd suggest going with a stock lsj header. much more...cost effective.
      94 SC2, manual, the whore that won't die
      96 SC2, auto, 146k, wife's car
      96 Formula, LT1, T56, T-tops, gas guzzling whore

Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

Comment

I though the 2.0 header had different port openings?

Comment

larger ports and runners, larger downpipe flange too. as far as price and durability, I like the LSJ manifold

as far as the SMS one, they make one for the redline and one for the base 2.2 ion. the main difference was in the size of the downpipe and collector. either one will bolt up on the head side, but the downpipe side is going to have a different flange and different diameter depending on what you get.

honestly, I don't feel it's worth the 900 bucks even though it is a good design. if you find one used that is cheaper though and is for your engine specifically jump on it.
          -Vinny

Comment

I got my sms header used so ended up only spending like 500 on the header and high flow cat combination. I love it, but I had some rubbing issues which occurred after the flex pipe cracked. 110 bucks later and a new flex pipe installed its good stuff. Sounds mean as hell.
            Red 2003 Ion QC 3, 5 Speed
            <br />
            <br />Zex wet 75
            <br />
            <br />"Wow that is one good-looking Saturn!"

Comment

Originally posted by AllTheDude
              I got my sms header used so ended up only spending like 500 on the header and high flow cat combination. I love it, but I had some rubbing issues which occurred after the flex pipe cracked. 110 bucks later and a new flex pipe installed its good stuff. Sounds mean as hell.
              how's that working out with the nitrous?
              -Vinny

Comment

Man its awesome. My car can finally breathe, and I could def. feel a difference.
                Red 2003 Ion QC 3, 5 Speed
                <br />
                <br />Zex wet 75
                <br />
                <br />"Wow that is one good-looking Saturn!"

Comment

yeah I know what you mean, when I redid the manifold/downpipe I couldn't believe the difference.
                  -Vinny

Comment