X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• header

its half installed

still have to get my AEM bung welded on though

have fun when the downpipe flange leaks lol.

btw make sure to clean it with brake clean or something before start up, else it will turn purple

Comment

looking good.....lucky bastard lol
      <br /><br />I wont bow to something that I've never seen..........I can't believe in something that doesn't believe in me....I'm not blood of your blood.....I'm no son of your god...I'm have no faith in your faith, still I find salvation<br /><br />[quote author="omgitselvisc"]im vinny's bitch i guess lol[/quote]

Comment

Originally posted by Ralliart16
        btw make sure to clean it with brake clean or something before start up, else it will turn purple
        that'll actually prevent it from turning purple?

- Tatusmi
        - Canada<br />2004 Saab 9-3 2.0T ARC<br />2005 Ducati 999R<br />1999 Saturn SL2 - Gone - Eibach Pro Kit, SPS Short Shifter, Dogbone Mounts, AEM CAI, 2.25&quot; Exhaust, Front STB, 17&quot; Konig Next Wheels &amp; Kumho Ecsta Supra Tires

Comment

quick semi-offtopic:

4-1-2-3 firing order... does this mean 4 & 1 fire together and 2 & 3 fire together or do they fire sequentially? I'm curious about why you would group the cylinders like the header does... if they're in 2 fire groups wouldn't it make more sense to have half the fire group per pair of runners or does it flow better with the whole fire group on a pair?

i hope i'm speaking coherently cause it doesn't look like it to me!
          He who won't read has no advantage over he who cannot. Repeat after me: Investigate. Learn. Discover. Ignorance is not bliss.

Comment

That the plug order on the coil packs not the firing order 1-3-4-2.By grouping 1/ 4 and 2/3, you group2 cylinders that are 360 crank degrees apart. If it was 1/2 3/4 then the exhuast pulses woud be only 180 crank degrees apart and the exhuast pulses would interfer with each other alot easier.
            -6S Resident Mechanical Forensics member #001.
            1995 SC2 Turbo 3.6L DOHC, 6sp manual, Ford 8.8 rearend running on MS3x.
            1998 F-250 5.4L triton...stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Tatusmi
              Originally posted by Ralliart16
              that'll actually prevent it from turning purple?

- Tatusmi
              no it will prevent your finger prints from being burned onto it perminantly
              Originally posted by ECOtec Gods
              Consider this: 800 hp is a lot on a 2.0L motor. With 750hp, three-quarters of a thousand you're basically dealing with 6.14 hp per cubic inch. Pressures and stresses of all kinds thermal and mechanical loading across the board escalate to extreme levels. A Chevrolet 5.7-liter LS1 V8 with this much specific power (horsepower per cubic inch) would be making 2,137 hp

Comment

I wish I woulda figured this out before I left a permanent handprint on mine. You can polish it back out, but it's just not worth it to me.

Comment

i already cleaned it with brake cleaner
                  im not going to worry about cleaning the other half though

Comment

looks good...what are you running for the rest of the exhaust
                    Go turbo or don't go at all!
                    <br />-NY
                    <br />'94 Turbo SC2
                    <br />

Comment

it looks like it already has 2.5 all the way back with some ugly ass resonator in the middle
                      lol, the header doesn't rub the cross member [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

I don't think the downpipe gets hot enough to turn purple. I didn't clean any of mine and the only part that got hand prints on was right near the bends on the header. The rest of it just turned brown.

Comment