is it worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is it worth it?

i know this is probally a stupid question but its been bugging me and morons at school and work say its not possible, or why do it, its a saturn, and the usual crap.. and just makes me wanna do more to my turd to prove them wrong

as you can see i currently have the mods bellow, should i do some more shopping

sda tam (100 bux)
    sda bored tb (60 bux)
    safc2 (250bux)
    2.25inch muffler dynomax, current one is rusting (50 bux)
    dyno time to tune the safc2 (120 to 200 bux)

now this is canadian prices basically its 600 bux for like 8 to 15whp if that.
    i want to keep this turd for around 1-3 years then i am gonna buy a redline ion or astra redline if and when it comes out, and just not waste my money and ignore the morons cars in good shape suspension is all new fuel filter etc. everyting is new and in good shape.

so save my money and use that for gas for the whole year.. or spend that money on mods and be a little quicker. and wait for speed in my next car.

thanks
    2004 Ion Redline Blue sunroof, advance audio, nexen rubber more to come..
    <br />
    <br />97 sl2 5spd [email protected] SOLD

I'd say if you want to impress someone with it save up for a turbo build, I started off withN/A then got bored of it, then I started using N2O, once again boring(when empty and poor). I am saving to build a turbo but keep kicking my own ass thjinking of the money I put into this car that could've gone toward good quality turbo parts ie. Ian's tubular manifold with 3" DP and a MS v3 or such. The SAFC2 is not really a big increase but if you are N/A it is worth it. I hope I made sense for you.
    sigpic

Comment

Astra Redline should be a fast little sucka.
      LSJ powered 1998 Chevy S-10 turbo
      visit my Albums - http://sixthsphere.com/album.php?u=7267

Comment

Originally posted by dream36realms
        I'd say if you want to impress someone with it save up for a turbo build, I started off withN/A then got bored of it
        yeah n/a gets kinda boring after awhile, once you have most bolt ons its like now what? tahts where i got, now im working on a turbo kit to shut some mouths. its really up to you in how you go about this, if you are only gonna keep the car for a brief time then id say hold off for a new car but if you are gonna keep it for awhile then mod it in whichever way you see fit.

good luck young grasshopper
        [color=red]-Tyler[/color]<br /><br />2005 Chevy Trailblazer<br />1999 Saturn SL2<br />2002 Suzuki Bandit 1200

Comment

hehe thanks, not really young grass hopper being doing this modding turds stuff for around 5 years or so, was on tsn for a while and other boards. i've played with giggle gas, and bolt ons and such, with sohc , and now i smarten up and got a dohc 5spd. was just wondering what everyones oponions was, and thoughs.

i would like to do a turbo but 2 much effort and money. plus i rather not have my car fast. cause it wont last. i know that lol its not in that good of shape. i think plus i rather have power windows, cruise etc..
          <br />

Comment

You don't need the dyno time, or the TB, really. I made my own TAM insert, which is stiffer than SDA's one, and more durable, for a total of $30.
            -2002 Saturn SC2 - Clean, slow, low daily
            -2008 Saab 9-7x Aero
            -1996 Suzuki Bandit 750 swapped
            -1998 VW Golf GTI VR6 Mid Engine LeMons car
            -1986 RX7 - 275whp @ 10psi

Comment

I wanted to get solid mounts like the SRT-4 guys use for more power to ground
              sigpic

Comment

hehe remember coppertop's earthshaker.. haha

a little thing from the tsn days. this thing was a solid prothane (sp) tam mount.

a guy i know just used window weld and did that to his TAM but a new tam around here is like 45 bux or so, then window weld is around 10 bux or more, then i have to let it sit for 10 days. and it would look pretty crappy vs i can just spend around 100 bux or so
                <br />

Comment

i have the sda tam, got the one that was already inserted in blah blah for 100 bux the only beef i have with it is the bottom of it keeps fuckin sliding out whenever i get on it then i have to reset it, thinking about gluing it or something so it cant come out.
                  [color=red]-Tyler[/color]<br /><br />2005 Chevy Trailblazer<br />1999 Saturn SL2<br />2002 Suzuki Bandit 1200

Comment

was that the older style or his newer one he designed like last month or so. and that 15.9 1/4 is that with your mods or stock? i got basically the same mods you got but a with lightweight rims and such,

my goal was to get into the 15's mid hopefully. with what i got. and be done with it. so i will find out this summer/spring on what i do.

probally just gonna snag the sda mount and ducktape it or whatever to make sure it works lol
                    <br />

Comment

i got my sda in the fall, yeah thats with all the mods, but i was slipping off the line really bad, and im picking up some sawtooths with some falken tires this spring so im hoping 15.5 or so then going boost 14's baby, NE dragway has nevar seen a boosted satty hhahaha

Comment

97 SL2 5spd... Your already probably in the mid 15's. And with the bolt ons and SAFC, your definetly in the mid 15's.
                        [quote author="S.Bretz"]I couldn't get mine off when I was 16, I had to have someone else that was stronger then me pull it off. He almost took it in the fore head. It was quite comical from my point of view.[/quote]<br />[quote author="ProjectSW1"]it should be licking my asshole whilst jerking me off and giving occasional tongue lashings to mah nuts... WHILE FLYING MY ASS TO VEGAS!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]<br />2005 Chili Pepper Red Redline - Carbon Fiber Badges, boost gauge, oil pressure gauge, GMPP 2-pass endplate, soon OTT Stage 1.

Comment

ummmm. just wondering, whats the tam
                          -Tyler (aspiring automotive engineer)<br /><br /><br />POLLY DOESN&quot;T WANT A CRACKA, BITCH!

Comment

[img]{SMILIES_PATH}/search.gif[/img]
                            -2002 Saturn SC2 - Clean, slow, low daily
                            -2008 Saab 9-7x Aero
                            -1996 Suzuki Bandit 750 swapped
                            -1998 VW Golf GTI VR6 Mid Engine LeMons car
                            -1986 RX7 - 275whp @ 10psi

Comment

Originally posted by typsu32
                              ummmm. just wondering, whats the tam
                              Torque axis mount....commonly known as the upper engine mount. It is the mount on the top passenger side of the engine.

Comment