OBX vs 91-92 on N/A turds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OBX vs 91-92 on N/A turds

So adamkob says you get an extra 3 mad vtak hp from the obx but has yet to present the dyno results compaing the two side by side. Anyone else have this information cause we have talked about this numerous times with no hard data being presented?
    [quote author="shortbus"]Stage 2 is great. Its covered by warranty, better fuel economy, the eaton screams louder so deer wont jump onto the road, it makes girls get wet, and the emissions produced will not kill songbirds or melt glaciers.[/quote]<br />[quote author="retardpartol"]...who is sober and noton any kind of intoxication whether is be ibuprophin[/quote]<br />LSJ phun

why don't you go to the dyno and find out? no one has any actual data as of right now.
    -Mike -MN <br />&#39;96 SC2 <br />Check out my website!<br />[img width=350 height=40]http://www.sixthsphere.com/storage/976/stc_banners-oakdog8.jpg[/img]

Comment

lol, i knew someone would start this thread

Comment

Does it REALLY matter?
        -2002 Saturn SC2 - Clean, slow, low daily
        -2008 Saab 9-7x Aero
        -1996 Suzuki Bandit 750 swapped
        -1998 VW Golf GTI VR6 Mid Engine LeMons car
        -1986 RX7 - 275whp @ 10psi

Comment

Originally posted by The Shaolin
          Does it REALLY matter?
          yeah
          if you are willing to spend an extra 100 for 3whp...

do you really have a sohc? or did you do a swap
          97 sc1-- DOHC swap, P&amp;P head, race cams, AEM CAI, geo TB, eclipse 4-1 header, lsd, act clutch, fidanza FW<br /><br />na<br />14.9 @91mph<br />50 shot <br />[email protected]<br /><br />forged motor coming soon..<br /><br />vids<br />http://videos.streetfire.net/profile/bo ... dewayz.htm

Comment

adamkob32
            DTDSasquatch wrote:
            adamkob32 wrote:
            liamrh wrote:
            Still don't want the 91-92 I have? Prolly the best for N/A turds anyhow.

Don't wanna start a war here, but actually the OBX has proven to make more power then the 91-92 header.

--Adam
            Please elaborate. I really want to know where you got that information.

As far as I know they have been on the dyno back to back a couple times and the OBX beat out of OEM by around 3HP. Just looking at the things you can tell the OBX will most definitely flow better.

Does anyone have any graphs?

--Adam
            http://www.sixthsphere.com/forum2/viewt ... c&start=20

No it doesn't until someone says one is better than the other but has no data to present to the discussion.

Try it out Oakdog!
            [quote author="shortbus"]Stage 2 is great. Its covered by warranty, better fuel economy, the eaton screams louder so deer wont jump onto the road, it makes girls get wet, and the emissions produced will not kill songbirds or melt glaciers.[/quote]<br />[quote author="retardpartol"]...who is sober and noton any kind of intoxication whether is be ibuprophin[/quote]<br />LSJ phun

Comment

shiiit, I don't care. I'm turboing this summer
              -Mike -MN <br />&#39;96 SC2 <br />Check out my website!<br />[img width=350 height=40]http://www.sixthsphere.com/storage/976/stc_banners-oakdog8.jpg[/img]

Comment

lol does anyone really care?

Why don't you go out and test it yourself if your so concerned about it? I couldn't see how the OBX could possibly flow less then the stock header.

--Adam
                2002 Subaru WRX - 2012 Yeti SB66 MTB

http://www.facebook.com/adam.koback

Comment

Originally posted by adamkob32

Why don't you go out and test it yourself if your so concerned about it? I couldn't see how the OBX could possibly flow less then the stock header.

--Adam
                  You said it made 3 more hp, please show me.

Comment

Tell you people what. I have an OBX header that I will send to someone PLUS $20 bucks toward dyno time to settle this issue once and for all. Just send the header back when your done. Fucking arguing over it is stupid.

Put up or shut up.

Tim
                    Collecting parts soon bitches soon........

Comment

Originally posted by TimT
                      Tell you people what. I have an OBX header that I will send to someone PLUS $20 bucks toward dyno time to settle this issue once and for all. Just send the header back when your done. Fucking arguing over it is stupid.

Put up or shut up.

Tim
                      Get you panties in a bunch or something? I dont thin anyone is arguing over it or getting very mad, they just want proof.

Honestly, on my old car, I put a 92 header and downpipe on and noticed an excellent gain in mid and high end power. I am guesisng the OBX one would do the same, but it might flow a little better.

I am also going to say that I have seen many of OBX header cracking or not sealing properly, so I would say a painted 92 header and DP would be more efficient.

Comment

this again?
                        Just baught a Big Mac, Throw some Cheese on that bitch...
                        <br />
                        <br />**i*14: i actually shot a bird for sitting over my car
                        <br />
                        <br />tool:
                        <br />One who lacks the mental capacity to know he is being used
                        <br />
                        <br />[quote author="Schizzo97SC2"]what have we learned boys and girls? SOHC's are not fast. ever.[/quote]

Comment

Originally posted by liamrh
                          Originally posted by adamkob32

--Adam
                          You said it made 3 more hp, please show me.
                          That is what I have heard, and it was from a pretty reputably source. That's why I have two OBX's on my cars and not a 91-92 header and downpipe.

--Adam

Comment

You've got to secure the OBX before the flex pipe in order to prevent the cracking that was occuring. I've never had a problem with mine for that reason. IMO, mandrel bends, superior material, I think a slightly larger diameter...
                            '94 SL2: The Detail Junky (Will it ever run? Does it even exist?)
                            '95 SW2: The Daily Junky 3 (388k Champion)
                            '95 SL2: The Daily Junky 5 (aka Snow Junky 2)

The Detail Junky Build

"Saturn people like a different kind of Escargot: Redefining the association between Saturns and Snails."

For Sale Thread (Current Items: 9-Bolt Head, 9-Bolt Timing Cover, 5-Bolt Timing Cover)
                            Wanted Thread (None)

Comment

I've had mine on the SW2 for about 3 years. Have no had it crack anywhere either. You just have to know how to install these things.

--Adam

Comment