high flow cat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• high flow cat

just purchased an exhaust, looking at high flow cats. I assume there is some difference between them, is there any one better than another or can anyone explain some differences?

edit: 2.25"
    99 Saturn Blackberry SL2
    <br />
    <br />7/17/2006

The change in diameter is more gradual then a normal cat...resulting is less turbulent flow.

Iknow there is a 2 catylist and3 catylist cat....wich one you need to keep the o2 happy (ODB2 only), IDK.
    -6S Resident Mechanical Forensics member #001.
    1995 SC2 Turbo 3.6L DOHC, 6sp manual, Ford 8.8 rearend running on MS3x.
    1998 F-250 5.4L triton...stock.

Comment

Re: high flow cat

Originally posted by 99_SL2
      just purchased an exhaust, looking at high flow cats. I assume there is some difference between them, is there any one better than another or can anyone explain some differences?

edit: 2.25"
      Even the stock one is pretty high flowing in comparison to other cars' cats and most of the ones on ebay are too. If you plan to auto-x in the stock or sts classes you are required to use a stock cat or OEM replacement cat in same location. That means stock size and stock or OEM part.

Personally I think this is the most BS rule in the STS class ruleset. I can put on any header I want and any cat-back exhaust I want as long as it isn't too loud, but I have to use a stock or OEM replacement Cat.....that's just DUMB!!! [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/evil.gif[/img]

Comment

I got mine off of amazon.com for dirt cheap, it is the 2.5" one, but if you are staying N/A just go with the 2.25"
        sigpic

Comment

I bought a Magnaflow carsound cat off of ebay for $45 or $50 shipped. Its recommended by the LS1 community.

It looks like a stock cat not a straight through round one. Its 2.25" and the model number is 94105.

Comment

Originally posted by 93 Saturn SL2
            that's the one I got.
            sigpic

Comment

if you dont get that one, SDA has one.
              98 SL2m - Intake, Raceland coilovers, daily driver
              94 SW2a>m - slammed and boosted 9 PSI - sloppymechanics.com inspired. Now owned by Importsdontlikeme.
              94 SC2m - Build in progress, Ford EDIS, 720cc's, stock engine, MS2v3.57 7 on the road again

Comment

link to the sda one?

edit: found, i assume with a 2.25" exhaust i want the 2.25" cat
                99 Saturn Blackberry SL2
                <br />
                <br />7/17/2006

Comment

[quote="99_SL2"]]

you could get the 2.5, but prolly wouldn't be too much of a difference. especially if you have a stock header with the 2" down pipe. i'd say 2.25 would be fine.
                  98 SL2m - Intake, Raceland coilovers, daily driver
                  94 SW2a>m - slammed and boosted 9 PSI - sloppymechanics.com inspired. Now owned by Importsdontlikeme.
                  94 SC2m - Build in progress, Ford EDIS, 720cc's, stock engine, MS2v3.57 7 on the road again

Comment

well im replacing the header also, but the downpipe you cant replace correct?
                    99 Saturn Blackberry SL2
                    <br />
                    <br />7/17/2006

Comment

a good header will come with a DP,.
                      sigpic

Comment

obx header comes with teh downpipe?

then yes i am also getting a downpipe.

2.5 is the same price as the 2.25 any reason to not ge the 2.5?
                        99 Saturn Blackberry SL2
                        <br />
                        <br />7/17/2006

Comment

i bought a magnaflow 2.25 for like 55 shipped but i dont know if im goin to use it or not
                          <br /><br />I wont bow to something that I've never seen..........I can't believe in something that doesn't believe in me....I'm not blood of your blood.....I'm no son of your god...I'm have no faith in your faith, still I find salvation<br /><br />[quote author="omgitselvisc"]im vinny's bitch i guess lol[/quote]

Comment

well then keep me informed over the next couple days.

whyd you change your mind?
                            99 Saturn Blackberry SL2
                            <br />
                            <br />7/17/2006

Comment

well if i do turbo it in time then im prolly just goin to straight pipe it i think ill use it till im turboed though
                              <br /><br />I wont bow to something that I've never seen..........I can't believe in something that doesn't believe in me....I'm not blood of your blood.....I'm no son of your god...I'm have no faith in your faith, still I find salvation<br /><br />[quote author="omgitselvisc"]im vinny's bitch i guess lol[/quote]

Comment