Turbo vs. Nitrous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo vs. Nitrous

Alright... I'm torn. I pretty much know the benefits/drawbacks to both but I want to hear some other opinions. I really, really want to turbo the car but for less than 1/2 the time/money I could just run nitrous and be done with it.

Which way would you guys go and why?

- Tatusmi
    - Canada<br />2004 Saab 9-3 2.0T ARC<br />2005 Ducati 999R<br />1999 Saturn SL2 - Gone - Eibach Pro Kit, SPS Short Shifter, Dogbone Mounts, AEM CAI, 2.25&quot; Exhaust, Front STB, 17&quot; Konig Next Wheels &amp; Kumho Ecsta Supra Tires

lol saturnfans

If this is a DD, go nitrous.

If not, you probably shouldn't even ask.

Most of the turbo guys were nitrous'd at one point and turbo'd cause they got sick of filling the bottle.
    -2002 Saturn SC2 - Clean, slow, low daily
    -2008 Saab 9-7x Aero
    -1996 Suzuki Bandit 750 swapped
    -1998 VW Golf GTI VR6 Mid Engine LeMons car
    -1986 RX7 - 275whp @ 10psi

Comment

Nitrous is fun and cheap to get up and running, but filling the bottle adds up.
      www.cardomain.com/id/sp1k3

Comment

If you can afford the time, parts, frustration, and have a dd; turbo.

If you can afford the parts, but no dd; nitrous

If you are pay-check to pay-check and its not that big of a paycheck; nitrous or slow turbo build up that mostly never comes to fruition for whatever reason like most "turbo" saturn ideas.

Either way, by asking this question it kinda shows that there is a vast amount of more info you'll be needing so... research research research!
        CSW Tuning or Facebook!
        - Stork

Comment

50 shot nitrous on a healthy motor. Fine. Done. DD. Change your oil.
          [quote author="shortbus"]Stage 2 is great. Its covered by warranty, better fuel economy, the eaton screams louder so deer wont jump onto the road, it makes girls get wet, and the emissions produced will not kill songbirds or melt glaciers.[/quote]<br />[quote author="retardpartol"]...who is sober and noton any kind of intoxication whether is be ibuprophin[/quote]<br />LSJ phun

Comment

Originally posted by 325iwhat
            If you can afford the time, parts, frustration, and have a dd; turbo.

If you can afford the parts, but no dd; nitrous

If you are pay-check to pay-check and its not that big of a paycheck; nitrous or slow turbo build up that mostly never comes to fruition for whatever reason like most "turbo" saturn ideas.

Either way, by asking this question it kinda shows that there is a vast amount of more info you'll be needing so... research research research!
            god do i know that. i planned on buying somewhat turbo by summer, but unforeseen problems with the DD probably have prevented my finish time. small paychecks suck, so its a slow build that will be finished when it is. [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/lol.gif[/img]

of course the nitrous will be the easiest and cheapest. the turbo way, you will probably forget parts that seem like nothing and the small parts add up quick.
            Ian---The Fat Ass

1995 SL2-High compression engine FOR SALE
            2010 Chevy Cobalt SS- tuned with plenty of goodness
            2002 SC2-New daily
            2017 Kawasaki Ninja 650 KRT- got a stupid deal
            2003 Ford Taurus SES- free daily beater

Comment

Do both.
              -6S Resident Mechanical Forensics member #001.
              1995 SC2 Turbo 3.6L DOHC, 6sp manual, Ford 8.8 rearend running on MS3x.
              1998 F-250 5.4L triton...stock.

Comment