Red Line Sky Motorswap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Line Sky Motorswap

Any idea what it would take (both financialy & the amount of custom work) to drop a Red Line Sky motor into an S-series? I'm afraid I don't know crap about this kind'a stuff.
    Huff &amp; Doback<br />Prestige Worldwide<br />

A GRIP of money!!! You're going to have to do all kinds of custom fab work as the Sky is RWD vs the S-series FWD. Not worth it.

Q.
    President: http://www.SpeedSyndicate.net
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/qahhaar
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Speed...g/114987745619

Comment

Why not make the S-series RWD then? LOL.
      Huff &amp; Doback<br />Prestige Worldwide<br />

Comment

Originally posted by Foxxy02SC2
        Why not make the S-series RWD then? LOL.
        LOL!!! Nevermind. Would be nice to see one of these years.
        Q.
        President: http://www.SpeedSyndicate.net
        Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/qahhaar
        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Speed...g/114987745619

Comment

iv seen a few pics of s series with a sbc in them and rwd
          Originally posted by ECOtec Gods
          Consider this: 800 hp is a lot on a 2.0L motor. With 750hp, three-quarters of a thousand you're basically dealing with 6.14 hp per cubic inch. Pressures and stresses of all kinds thermal and mechanical loading across the board escalate to extreme levels. A Chevrolet 5.7-liter LS1 V8 with this much specific power (horsepower per cubic inch) would be making 2,137 hp

Comment

lol its hard enough getting just the sky alone, good luck getting an engine out of one.
            Just baught a Big Mac, Throw some Cheese on that bitch...
            <br />
            <br />**i*14: i actually shot a bird for sitting over my car
            <br />
            <br />tool:
            <br />One who lacks the mental capacity to know he is being used
            <br />
            <br />[quote author="Schizzo97SC2"]what have we learned boys and girls? SOHC's are not fast. ever.[/quote]

Comment

Originally posted by carcass
              Would be nice to see one of these years.
              Q.

and you will. There is a project to do just that in the works right now.
              LSJ powered 1998 Chevy S-10 turbo
              visit my Albums - http://sixthsphere.com/album.php?u=7267

Comment

Originally posted by djgeo05
                lol its hard enough getting just the sky alone, good luck getting an engine out of one.
                Exactly.

Let me say this again.

IF YOU ARE ASKING WHETHER OR NOT YOU CAN DO A SWAP, IT IS NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN.

This gets asked way too often and I'm sure other people besides me are sick of hearing it.
                -2002 Saturn SC2 - Clean, slow, low daily
                -2008 Saab 9-7x Aero
                -1996 Suzuki Bandit 750 swapped
                -1998 VW Golf GTI VR6 Mid Engine LeMons car
                -1986 RX7 - 275whp @ 10psi

Comment

Originally posted by The Shaolin
                  Exactly.

Let me say this again.

IF YOU ARE ASKING WHETHER OR NOT YOU CAN DO A SWAP, IT IS NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN.

This gets asked way too often and I'm sure other people besides me are sick of hearing it.
                  really because i happen to know someone who has already working on this very idea. and he is saying nothing about it. just doing it. he already has the redline engine/ported and polished redline head/a sky rearend/and other mis. parts/ the knowledge and the ability to make this happen.
                  there will be a sc2 rwd redline running around here in florida. just a matter of when.
                  2007 chevy classic 2500hd 4x4 duramax
                  1996 383 lt1 auto trans am
                  1995 sl1. single cam of fury
                  1995 jeep wrangler lifted 4x4 4.0
                  1995 ford explorer 4x4

Comment

a guy around me is doing a rwd swap on a ion thats turdbo charged. hes snagging a rear end out of a 240zx or we was gonna try to get the awd from the vue, and put that on.
                    2004 Ion Redline Blue sunroof, advance audio, nexen rubber more to come..
                    <br />
                    <br />97 sl2 5spd [email protected] SOLD

Comment

He said if you are asking...

then no you can't do it.

Comment

yea that's pretty true. If you are asking then you probably don't have the talent or ability to pull off anything besides a sohc->dohc or an auto->5spd swap.

and as far as this redline sky sc2 contraption. I don't understand why everyone is like zomg TOP SECRET official business only?

Then again I'm not trying to create this ultimate sleeper to try and win some $ at the local races. I'm proud of what I'm doing and i want to share it with the community. But that's just my $0.02 [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/confused.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by SupraCharged007
                          and as far as this redline sky sc2 contraption. I don't understand why everyone is like zomg TOP SECRET official business only?
                          lol foreal..

Comment

Originally posted by sl2racer
                            Exactly.

Let me say this again.

really because i happen to know someone who has already working on this very idea. and he is saying nothing about it. just doing it. he already has the redline engine/ported and polished redline head/a sky rearend/and other mis. parts/ the knowledge and the ability to make this happen.
                            there will be a sc2 rwd redline running around here in florida. just a matter of when.

That's a bunch of BARNEY!
                            I Only Worry When My SES Light Goes Out....

I'm Officially in the 200,000+ mile club

Comment

I think it's more one of those "building intead of posting and talking about it only" type situations
                              -Vinny

Comment