Where [can I find parts]?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where [can I find parts]?

Ok so im a noob and young but where can i find parts for my 94 sl2.It seems like no companies care about older saturns.Also what exactly does taking off the intake resinator do for the car.Any feed back appreciated.

It gives you that "Intake" sound. Best place for parts is the yunkard if you mean like for bolt ons (Throttle body, header, etc.) if you want to mod with a budget. There are a few companies like OBX that sell a header and so forth for our cars though. Do a little more searching and welcome to the sphere.
    2002 Saturn SL1- 5 speed, basic, slow, and staying that way.
    1993 Lexus SC300- Project turning into gold...

Formerly knows as "Saturntuner05."
    Too many past turds to list.

Comment

I'm thinking NOPI troll, might be wrong though.
      2015 Ford Mustang - DD
      2013 Kia Sorento SX V6
      1978 Buick Century Custom - 42k Original Miles

Comment

First off, give us the layout of your car..... how many miles, what transmission, condition of the engine and all. I can pretty much tell you all the bolt-ons, and self-made mods that you can do. I can help somewhat, since that's all I've owned up until now is an SL2, both Autotragic, and Manual transmissions. There are a few others I'm sure that are going to chime in here, but if you're looking for big hp #'s, don't look to be cheap of course.

Comment

Well going to a j-yard gets his hands dirty so he will familiarize himself enough to ask more indepth questions which helps others as well. People usually get curious and start doing more serious modifications such as nitrous, boost, etc. At least thats how it went with me. Did my own hand bored TB a long time ago and havent looked back (Helps that I am going to school for it as well but...)
          2002 Saturn SL1- 5 speed, basic, slow, and staying that way.
          1993 Lexus SC300- Project turning into gold...

Formerly knows as "Saturntuner05."
          Too many past turds to list.

Comment

there are plenty of places that sell saturn parts
            but if all else fails.... make your own!!!
            http://www.qksltwo.com

^^ sweet
            sigpic-VOLVO 745T 175K MBC ...
            - 9 BOLT Aluminum Intake 3rd gen sedan... Beige... 160K

You're so crazy! enough in a way that i'll probably say you destroyed me!
            ~The Used

Comment

First things first........ stop the oil burning (piston rings and valve seals) and clean out the carbon in the intake manifold/TB/intake ports. Takes about a 6 hours to do if you keep at it, that includes removing and re-installing. I know it seems hard to do, but it's not. An easier way is to buy parts from a junkyard, and clean those, then install them, which would take much less down-time on your ride, approx. 1hr of straight work.

Make sure to keep bolts sorted. I use a plastic tray. Get them from any parts/tool store... or borrow 3-4 small tupperware dishes from mom..... works just as well. Just make sure you keep all electrical connections connected that can stay connected. The hardest part will be removing and installing the intake manifold, as the bolts can be tricky to get to inside the engine compartment...... use u-joint extension rachets.....

Your best friends are Ebay, the local boneyard, and a Chilton's manual.

Comment

And whatever you do, try not burning lots of rubber with your car. Youll have an unpleasant suprise of grinding, smelling, and seizing all in one.

Since you are a noob, learning about what your car has NOW might be a little better then riding the aftermarket train right off. Learn how stuff functions, and learn WHY things make your car faster.

Comment

^^^^^that was the best post ive read in i dunno maybe 3 months!!!
                  i concur learn why first!!
                  Fucking Pringle bastards.

Comment

SPSwebpage.com
                    saturnmotorsports.com
                    "What drives a man to go neutral"~Zapp Branigan
                    <br />
                    <br />
                    <br /> " I pay that much for a car I dont' expect a bit of plastic on it.... oh right"~blueiondubv
                    <br />"I'm bout to kill this bitch.... suck it through a straw"~blueiondubv
                    <br />

Comment

SPS is ok, but Saturn Mototsports is better. They deal with every type of racing for any Saturn.
                      SPS just deals with SCCA racing, so their parts are only limited and info are only limited to basic bolt-ons, port and polish, lightweight flywheels, and forged pistons.
                      If you're not looking to go forced induction, talk to Jay (GreenMonstah) he's the local N/A God.

Comment

I am sorry, but SMS is a rip off for a lot of shit. SPS used to be one of the best saturn aftermarket part retailers to order from, while not raping you for money.

Comment

Thx everybody. I guess i should of said that by noob i meant to this site.I know plenty about cars and have built a dirt track Chevy Nova race car which i realize is way different than a saturn.I know which parts are which, where they go, and what they do.So far ive cut the shifter (manual tranny) down two inches and found an injen ram intake i plan on ordering within the week and im tryin to find a comp. to put in it from a auto sl2

Comment

hey man welcome !

what kind of setup are you looking for on ur sl2? a handler, 1/4 racer, etc.. that way you set up a plan of attack
                            [color=red]-Tyler[/color]<br /><br />2005 Chevy Trailblazer<br />1999 Saturn SL2<br />2002 Suzuki Bandit 1200

Comment

don't forget drift.
                              -2002 Saturn SC2 - Clean, slow, low daily
                              -2008 Saab 9-7x Aero
                              -1996 Suzuki Bandit 750 swapped
                              -1998 VW Golf GTI VR6 Mid Engine LeMons car
                              -1986 RX7 - 275whp @ 10psi

Comment