engine mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine mount

just got my zzp engine mount in the mail. i know how to put it on, but i was wondering the best way to support the engine while i make the swap? cherry picker or floor jacks? i just don't want to break anything, so help is needed! lol
    -Kevin<br /><br />&quot;Ha ha HA! Mine is an evil laugh...now die!&quot;<br /><br />

just jack it up underneath the oil pan...BUT MAKE SURE TO PUT A PIECE OF WODD BETWEEN THE PAN AND JACK, so u distribute the weight evenly and so u dont dent or possibly break anything
    01 Silver SC2

Comment

Sonic, is it the front lower trans mount? if so, don't support it, it has no load on it as far as downward. if you jack the engine up at all it will be harder to get in.
      -Vinny

Comment

no, it's the engine mount on the passenger side, next to where the airbox is on a non-RL ion
        -Kevin<br /><br />&quot;Ha ha HA! Mine is an evil laugh...now die!&quot;<br /><br />

Comment

yeah, just get a little support on the oil pan with a jack. the pan is not sheet metal so you don't need too much if any buffer between the jack head and the pan.
          -Vinny

Comment

ok. i guess i'm a little more worried about the stability, not so much the support itself. the engine won't shift or roll or anything when i remove the mount?

Comment

Originally posted by SonicION
              ok. i guess i'm a little more worried about the stability, not so much the support itself. the engine won't shift or roll or anything when i remove the mount?
              nope...just dont let the jack down with the mount not being in
              01 Silver SC2

Comment