New Muffler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Muffler

So my Pacesetter muffler from my cat back system is actually starting to crap out on me and actually restrict my exhaust system. I am looking to buy a new one, similar style (oval canister), and not too big. My Choices so far are....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-5-INLE ... dZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/15-Polis ... dZViewItem

Both have a 2.5 inlet, so I can just get an adapter and weld the rest. I like the oval, more subtle looking mufflers as opposed to the cannon type ones. Thats just what I prefer personally. So vote in the poll and give me some imput. I will be ordering one of these probably by tomorrow.
    Muffler number 1 (universal Sport Oval 4.25 outlet)
    0%
    Muffler Number 2 (Turbo Stainless Steel 2.5 outlet)
    0%

i voted for the first one provided you cut the tip. which im sure you will do
    Originally posted by ECOtec Gods
    Consider this: 800 hp is a lot on a 2.0L motor. With 750hp, three-quarters of a thousand you're basically dealing with 6.14 hp per cubic inch. Pressures and stresses of all kinds thermal and mechanical loading across the board escalate to extreme levels. A Chevrolet 5.7-liter LS1 V8 with this much specific power (horsepower per cubic inch) would be making 2,137 hp

Comment

I dunno, the second one is very very low key, but the first one wouldn't actually be an eyesore or anything with the lines of the car, looks identical to the HKS that was released for the s-series
      -Vinny

Comment

arrg that turbo muffler is an APC muffler. I gues I know what im getting now lol.

Comment

bwahaha

owned
          1995 Saturn SW2: Crushed
          1995 Saturn SW2: Lower Than You

Comment

lol there you go then
            -Vinny

Comment

Originally posted by HighEnd777
              arrg that turbo muffler is an APC muffler. I gues I know what im getting now lol.
              lmao. good for you frank
              Consider this: 800 hp is a lot on a 2.0L motor. With 750hp, three-quarters of a thousand you're basically dealing with 6.14 hp per cubic inch. Pressures and stresses of all kinds thermal and mechanical loading across the board escalate to extreme levels. A Chevrolet 5.7-liter LS1 V8 with this much specific power (horsepower per cubic inch) would be making 2,137 hp

Comment

How you guys like this one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MagnaFlo ... dZViewItem

Comment

aluminized steel tends to rust out... in da north

Comment

yeah we were discussing that. were going to coat it with high temp paint if we got it, but I think he went with the first one.
                    -Vinny

Comment

Stainless steel F1 racing muffler is what I got. It was te first one with the 4.25 outlet. The pacesetter tip I have now is about 5 inches as it is, so itll be a change anyway you look at it.

Comment