Intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intake

I have a small problem, I have an 06 Ion Qc, magna flow exhaust, Eibach drop springs and a Fujita Cai, I know there are problems with the Fujita's and coding a P0171 (sys too lean). Are there any viable options to make the intake function properly, I've checked all conections possible for air leaks, (carb cleaner method, never a raise in rpm), has anyone had luck in getting one to function properly, the folks at Fujita said that were test an 06 today (3/21) and would get back to me on this one - I want other options. Thanks Tony
    06' Ion 2
    09' WRX

...The distinction between past, present, and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion... Einstein

i know ryan (ace729) has a fujita inatke in his qc. cant remember the year but he might be able to help you
    STC-FL / CFLRA
    <br />Black 05 Ion Redline, wingless, stage2 (best run 14.10 @ 99) (Totalled)
    <br />Black 06 Ion Redline, aerowinged, stage 2+ (best run 14.09 @99)
    <br />
    <br />"Yeah, if you think youre gonna get somewhere in life by cheating. I mean you may as well just paint yourself yellow, run around like a maniac, and call yourself Banana Man cause thats what your doing." -Master Shake

Comment

get an AEM dry-flo filter, chances are it's the oil on the filter causing the bad reading.
      -Vinny

Comment

So the filter oil could be causing a bad read? is that because of the small oil particulates being sucked upstream during operation? And if that was the case wouldn't the intial startup of the QC cause the the sensor to trip after the start? and how or what would cause that to read as a lean reading, wouldn't the addition of oil of any type possible cause a rich enviorment? and do you think that running an Ethanol blended fuel may cause this problem?
        06' Ion 2
        09' WRX

...The distinction between past, present, and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion... Einstein

Comment

all that above stuff i dont know about but i do know the k&n filter has alot of oil on it also and it was causing alot of redline people a cel. all i did was when i got the intake i wiped the filter off real good and when i started the engine i got a cel the first time but it has never come back on after i wiped it again alittle so maybe just dab that oil stuff off and see what you get.
          STC-FL / CFLRA
          <br />Black 05 Ion Redline, wingless, stage2 (best run 14.10 @ 99) (Totalled)
          <br />Black 06 Ion Redline, aerowinged, stage 2+ (best run 14.09 @99)
          <br />
          <br />"Yeah, if you think youre gonna get somewhere in life by cheating. I mean you may as well just paint yourself yellow, run around like a maniac, and call yourself Banana Man cause thats what your doing." -Master Shake

Comment

I have a Fujiata filter, it came with the intake, are there any companys that offer an oil less filter? or can you get a dry filter, and put a K&N pre filter on it?
            06' Ion 2
            09' WRX

Comment

Originally posted by sls_98sc2
              I have a Fujiata filter, it came with the intake, are there any companys that offer an oil less filter? or can you get a dry filter, and put a K&N pre filter on it?
              Originally posted by Schizzo97SC2
              get an AEM dry-flo filter, chances are it's the oil on the filter causing the bad reading.
              Originally posted by ECOtec Gods
              Consider this: 800 hp is a lot on a 2.0L motor. With 750hp, three-quarters of a thousand you're basically dealing with 6.14 hp per cubic inch. Pressures and stresses of all kinds thermal and mechanical loading across the board escalate to extreme levels. A Chevrolet 5.7-liter LS1 V8 with this much specific power (horsepower per cubic inch) would be making 2,137 hp

Comment

the oil is drawn from the filter and down the piping over time of use. as that happens, it gets to the MAF and will coat it/get it dirty. by doing so, it cannot read as much air as it should flowing over it, hence reading lean, and your code.
                -Vinny

Comment