X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• high rpm build

what all is involved in getting your engine safely reving up to 8k

i know balancing the crank to 10k, light forged internals....
    i guess aftermarket knock sensor would help check it...
    and how do you get the rev limiter gone....so far i've been told about the msns
    [

really the only thing to rev to 8k would be a removed rev limiter (ie. standalone).

As far as safety and purpose, the only purpose would be if you ran a turbo set up, other wise power is a major loss after 5500ish. I've heard that valve float on stock heads = 9400ish, so I would say you can do it with everything stock, but then again I don't think that anyone has focused on such a build because it is the opposite of the way our engines were designed.

Ideal and theory would be upgraded valve springs, new valve seals, lightened/balanced/shaped crank, lightwieght internals, lightened flywheel, clevite bearings, and I'm not sure what else would be needed. I wouldn't think an "aftermarket" knock sensor would be needed to run it safely. KEEPING THIS IN MIND, the things I mentioned are just precautions for such a build, not a promise of power or gain in any form. The reasoning for using lightened parts is decrease the total of rotating mass which I guess would decrease the time to reach the higher rpms, and also decrease the amount of stress on the crank at such a high speed.

Comment

destroke, destroke, destroke

you could super retard the cams like Jay did too to make power up there

there is a huge thread about this over on TSN in the n/a section, it's got a lot of info too.
      -Vinny

Comment

shorter stroke And like minivan tunar/spoolinsc2 said, I would take lots of safety precautions in the engine aswell, so that you can revv up to 8k without anything getting damaged.

Comment

just wonderin cuz i was readin that the race cams at sda are best in the 5-8k range
          i already have a light flywheel and i wanted to go with .40 over, lightweight crank, rods, pistons, and an all redone head from sda or sps

i mentioned the knock sensor just as a precaution to make sure you wern't over estimatin your build
          [

Comment

i never got a reply from tsn, since you have to be like let in or whatever, i just got the first one that says to wait for another one
            [

Comment

yeah valve float=EVIL!!! do they include dual valve springs in those performance heads? if not GET THEM!
              Ian---The Fat Ass

1995 SL2-High compression engine FOR SALE
              2010 Chevy Cobalt SS- tuned with plenty of goodness
              2002 SC2-New daily
              2017 Kawasaki Ninja 650 KRT- got a stupid deal
              2003 Ford Taurus SES- free daily beater

Comment

dual valve springs??

i know sps has stiffer springs forget exactly it says about it

but thanx!
                [

Comment

smell that maple syrup.....mmmmmmm
                  a pat of butter too. yummy.
                  LSJ powered 1998 Chevy S-10 turbo
                  visit my Albums - http://sixthsphere.com/album.php?u=7267

Comment

SPS Stage Two High Performance Cylinder Heads

Our Stage Two heads include +1.0mm oversized Ferrea Super Flo valves, Ferrea dual-spring turbo special alloy valve springs, and Ferrea lightweight titanium spring retainers. Each head is expertly shaved, ported, polished, and treated to a 3-angle valve job. Then it is reassembled with new valve stem guides and new valve seals. The result is improved flow and a significant boost in compression (approx. 10.5:1.) Heads arrive assembled (no cams) and ready to install.

[img]{SMILIES_PATH}/jerkit5.gif[/img]
                    [

Comment

how much they charging for that? i might start an online store.
                      resident embarrassment to billy and marc<br />http://shockingcats.ytmnd.com/<br />http://like.ytmnd.com

Comment

$1399 for the stage 1

$2199 for the stage 2

This week only - Stage 5 Gillette Heads - $2299

All the stuff from the stage 3, but I'll shave your ass before I rape it.
                        LSJ powered 1998 Chevy S-10 turbo
                        visit my Albums - http://sixthsphere.com/album.php?u=7267

Comment

lol, yah i don't think that includes the core either
                          [

Comment

Originally posted by Green Monstah
                            $1399 for the stage 1

$2199 for the stage 2

This week only - Stage 5 Gillette Heads - $2299

All the stuff from the stage 3, but I'll shave your ass before I rape it.
                            lolirl hahahaha, woke the cat up laughing so hard.

Comment

yah so i guess it saves about a grand to get the sda head and buy the springs from sms, and you guys probably know somewhere cheaper to buy the springs too huh? there $308 @ sms
                              [

Comment