Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

sohc 5 spds

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • sohc 5 spds

    i was readin that this was a good trans for a turbo build because of the gear ratios and a wide out 5th gear that woudl help with your gas mileage

    wonderin if 1-4 are all a closer ratio than that o fthe dohc's??
    if this would be a good swap for any car
    [

  • #2
    anybody??
    [

    Comment


    • #3
      Yeah the mp2 is great for turbo because the gears are taller which means youa re in boost longer. However, i put it on my DOHC and 5th gear sucks N/A. If you go up anything resembling a mole hill, you gotta shit out of 5th. The cool thing is you can be crusing in fifth and drop it to 3rd and go speed racer go.

      Comment


      • #4
        Yup yup I thought about doing that to mine

        have DOHC 1 through 4 and then a 5th MP2 gear


        the only thing is it's a pain in the ass to do it cuz u got ot take two trannies apart

        but it's been done

        <br />
        <br />---Sometimes the choices that hurt the most are the right ones----

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by TurboSL1
          Yup yup I thought about doing that to mine

          have DOHC 1 through 4 and then a 5th MP2 gear


          the only thing is it's a pain in the ass to do it cuz u got ot take two trannies apart

          but it's been done
          take the 2 apart to swap 5th gear? you could pull the end cover and get 5th gear out.
          Ian---The Fat Ass

          1995 SL2-High compression engine FOR SALE
          2010 Chevy Cobalt SS- tuned with plenty of goodness
          2002 SC2-New daily
          2017 Kawasaki Ninja 650 KRT- got a stupid deal
          2003 Ford Taurus SES- free daily beater

          Comment


          • #6
            ^^^^you know what i mean. cover, taking apart same shit, it's all WAYYY too much work for my lazy ass.

            Shit you guys are lucky I take the time to read on the sphere

            <br />
            <br />---Sometimes the choices that hurt the most are the right ones----

            Comment


            • #7
              or don't drive like your fleeing the police and your milage won't be shitty to begin with.
              -Vinny

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by TurboSL1
                ^^^^you know what i mean. cover, taking apart same shit, it's all WAYYY too much work for my lazy ass.

                Shit you guys are lucky I take the time to read on the sphere
                lmao, okay my mood is improving over those damn injectors.

                but vinny, they are always chasing me!!!! [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/lol.gif[/img] but my gas mileage is good enough to me.
                Ian---The Fat Ass

                1995 SL2-High compression engine FOR SALE
                2010 Chevy Cobalt SS- tuned with plenty of goodness
                2002 SC2-New daily
                2017 Kawasaki Ninja 650 KRT- got a stupid deal
                2003 Ford Taurus SES- free daily beater

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Schizzo97SC2
                  or don't drive like your fleeing the police and your milage won't be shitty to begin with.
                  W3RD!

                  just thought of a new smilie [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/wink.gif[/img]
                  [img width=600 height=150]http://www.sixthsphere.com/storage2/images/wejag665buljx09mu77e.jpg[/img]<br />99SL2 w/97SC2M Engine/Trans Swap, CAI, 2.25 Custom Exhaust

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Brandon94sc2
                    However, i put it on my DOHC and 5th gear sucks N/A. If you go up anything resembling a mole hill, you gotta shit out of 5th. The cool thing is you can be crusing in fifth and drop it to 3rd and go speed racer go.
                    tell my dad that. He thought my 93 SC2m was really quick stock (even modified I wouldn't run Grand Prixs and big sixes, let alone v8s which would be suicide)... and he says my twin bro's SC1 is 'peppy'.

                    I thnk the sc1 5speed is slow but thanks to skinny crappy tires I can get a chirp into second.

                    They need boost. And my SC2m needs to find it's way back to me.
                    VTEC is like having turbo lag but without the turbo. Its like waiting for bad sex.<br />...<br />1993 SC2m- sold<br />1996 Jeep Cherokee- Likes to get dirty<br />1974 AMC Javelin-Underfunded Project Car<br />2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650- Keep the shiny side up.

                    Comment

                    Related Topics

                    Collapse

                    There are no results that meet this criteria.

                    Working...
                    X