No announcement yet.

AWD Turd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not much progress has been made here besides dropping the tank and pulling the fuel lines out. I've switched my focus onto moving the good parts from the SL2 to the SW2 so I can shove all the parts I want to throw out into the Legacy before it gets scrapped. Hopefully its gone by this next weekend and I can push the SL2 in the garage to actually begin building this shit.
    Originally posted by Donnie
    I see a failboat, steaming full speed on an ocean of failsauce into a barrier reef of lol.
    Originally posted by BC. Livewire
    if you hate seeing money going down the drane

than do not turbo your car !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sixthsphere: Home of newbs, cunts, and Shane Jackson.

Comment

Subscribed. I've been getting so many projects done with this shutdown.
      Beige 93 SC2, fully loaded, MS3 Pro, nitrous, Walbro 255, high compression. 155hp/296hp
      Purple 93 SC2, Minus all options, but with rear discs. Turbocharged with a GT25R. MS2. 290hp
      99 SC2 White Hot, 97 SC2 M/T 106k

Comment

Yesterday I dropped the gas tank out of the SL and bolted the SW's rear subframe in half way to be able to roll the thing around.

To do the same for the Legacy, I have to partially bolt the rear subframe back in, which will also need to be removed at the yard. I'm still trying to figure out how to get the front of that car rolling and also tall enough to clear the front of my trailer [Installing front struts/knuckles and maybe ratchet strapping them forward so they aren't so wobbly]. I'm gonna use turd knuckles on the Legacy struts so I can install the 28" KO2s to help lift the front end.

It's gonna be a bitch rolling this thing onto the trailer alone. I'll need to see if I can get a come along on my hitch to help bring it aboard...
        I see a failboat, steaming full speed on an ocean of failsauce into a barrier reef of lol.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Insert "Just Do It" GIF here. Harbor Freight Winches are pretty cheap.
          Beige 93 SC2, fully loaded, MS3 Pro, nitrous, Walbro 255, high compression. 155hp/296hp
          Purple 93 SC2, Minus all options, but with rear discs. Turbocharged with a GT25R. MS2. 290hp
          99 SC2 White Hot, 97 SC2 M/T 106k

Comment

Got the Legacy out to my buddy's house. It sits until the quarantine is lifted and the yards are open to take scrap. I'm also reminded of how I'm glad I didn't sell the Vue. That thing is a champ.

The SL is in the garage now. I'll shove the EZ30/5EAT under it tomorrow to free up some garage space. I plan on cutting out the radiator support to allow shit to be mounted further forward as I plan on using the Tribeca's driveshaft to stretch the wheelbase to 108". That'll allow me to run retardedly big rubber when I get to that point.
            Last edited by alexofnazareth; 04-23-2020, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Time to cut away sheet metal to tuck the trans a couple inches higher so its not so exposed under the car. I'll probably stop when the drive shaft tucked as far up as it can go in the "exhaust tunnel"

image_14287.jpgimage_14286.jpgimage_14288.jpg

I'm torn on how far forward I want to end up mounting this thing. The 3rd pic has things positioned roughly where Id need them to be able to run 32" tires. IMO, thats much too far forward and would probably make this much too nose heavy. The previous car I messed with could only manage 28" tires due to how close they were to the wheel wells.

I'll keep playing with the position of the Engine/Drivetrain after I cut a hole for things to go up higher.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by alexofnazareth; 04-25-2020, 12:43 PM.

Comment

I got happy with the angle grinder and cut out the top section of the tunnel to tuck the transmission up. The Engine/Trans oil pans will stick down, but I'll just cover them with a skid plate. Otherwise, it was pretty easy to get it up to the position I wanted.

IMG_20200425_183931.jpgIMG_20200425_184031.jpgIMG_20200425_184041.jpgIMG_20200425_183949.jpg

Comment

My hands are sticky.

And not in the fun way.

IMG_20200427_215338.jpg

Comment

Is that the 6? If so, I am surprised you got all of engine in there. That final shot from post 22 with the wheel sitting on the axle looks real good.

Comment

Yup, its the EZ30R and its only slightly longer than the EJ25. The EJ/EZ engines are more wide than they are long, so I've got an inch or so on each side of clearance [similar to how it fits in the Legacy].

In the shot you referenced the axle is pretty much flat. I'll probably go with a 2" drop to gain some additional height. I'm still torn on whether or not I should go with ridiculous tire sizes (30-32"). If I stick with 28" it'll look a lot cleaner, allow for more suspension travel, and will generally perform better. But part of me wants to go full send with this and go big.
                      Last edited by alexofnazareth; 04-28-2020, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Awesome project. Would be cool if you made it RHD too!
                        '99 SL2, 5SP bought new
                        Rebuilt at 204,067 September 2017
                        Engine, subframe, diff pin mod, brake lines, headliner, alternator, and so on!
                        '98 SC2, 5SP bought 2018

Comment

I mean, if someone wanted to donate the dash there's literally nothing major that prevents doing that. I need a new steering rack anyway.

Also all of the SRS, HVAC, Seat, Tail lamp, etc wires have been removed/cut. I'm going through and tidying up things with shrink wrap and snap wrap. Also, I came across two cut wires from the fuel pump connectors and became confused. I cut the harness after those connectors since I didnt expect anything I'd need would be behind the rear seat. Well apparently these things have a Fuel Pump Control Module thats bolted in trunk by the left tail light...glad I wasn't able to scrap this thing due to the Quarantine.

It's my hope to connect the harness up this weekend and fire up the engine to make sure the CANBUS is still happy with what remains.

Comment

I finally scrapped the shell now that the yards are open. Its nice to have my trailer back again. I need to connect the wire harness back to the engine and reconnect the fuel system to confirm that the thing still runs. lol

First I need to get the Wagon's manual swap finished so I can reclaim some space in the driveway.

Comment

Originally posted by alexofnazareth View Post
                              First I need to get the Wagon's manual swap finished so I can reclaim some space in the driveway.

Seems you have the same problem i do.

Too many projects.
                              Originally posted by alexofnazareth
                              Do the world a favor and get back to your cornholing.

Comment

Originally posted by nad View Post

Seems you have the same problem i do.

Too many projects.
                                We should have a "who has too many projects" thread. I'd be a contender to win.
                                '99 SL2, 5SP bought new
                                Rebuilt at 204,067 September 2017
                                Engine, subframe, diff pin mod, brake lines, headliner, alternator, and so on!
                                '98 SC2, 5SP bought 2018

Comment