Making my dream come true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naturally Aspirated Making my dream come true

Sorry I’m new to sixthsphere been reading here and Saturn fans for years. Just never had motivation to do anything. Now I have 4 saturns. 2 2001 sl1, one motor stopped on me after overheating, Ects melted and head gasket was destroyed. the other I bought from brother in law found out block is cracked under ac comp from him putting water in car. Have a 1998 sl1 280k wife’s daily driver. Then I have my 1994 Sl2 I’m wanting to do a LLO build with, it’s a bit rusty coming from Ohio, so I’m going to cut into a truck with a bedcover and ford ranger rear window. Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated. Any extra info on building a good running Saturn, what parts should I buy new and what’s best brands for pistons, rings, rods. Should I use that 2001 block? I already have it torn down out side of car, two cylinders had moisture in them is that a problem, is getting a block “resleeved” a thing, if so is that some thing I should have done? I have no significant scoring just light surface rust from cylinders holding moisture I guess car has sat since it pooped didn’t have time to mess with it. Now I have plenty of time and tools to get job done. I’m excited first full tear down and rebuild. And advice for rebuild would be greatly appreciated. I also have 3 huge binders from Saturn dealership. Very detailed service manuals. Don’t know if anyone needs any info out of them making it know I have them.

Getting a 94 Dohc motor for 125 tomorrow. 80000 miles on motor. Super stoked, ready to get it in that 01 sl2 with wrx Coilovers. Still trying to get a hold of this wrecked ranger that i can kill two birds with 1 stone. Back window for my 94 truck and tranny for my 2000 ranger I’m going to be getting rid of once my 94 ST2 is complete.

Comment

If you are going for a truck build and don't need anything super fancy then I would go with any piston design that has the oil drain back holes/cuts in the oil control ring groove to help minimize any oil choking of the rings.
      -6S Resident Mechanical Forensics member #001.
      1995 SC2 Turbo 3.6L DOHC, 6sp manual, Ford 8.8 rearend running on MS3x.
      1998 F-250 5.4L triton...stock.

Comment