2G/3G Sedan/Wagon Hoods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2G/3G Sedan/Wagon Hoods

Are there any differences between the two, besides the different character lines?

Reason I ask is that I can poke holes through the leading edge of my hood with my finger, and I'm thinking about getting a new one with a bug/stone deflector, but I can only find the deflectors for 2000-02 cars.

Ehhh not sure. 3g might be longer. Also yea the character lines are not only different, they are wider apart in the middle. So they won't line up well with the bumper headlights.

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk
    It's not my fault, blame the radiation.

Comment

I've seen 3rd gen hood and trunk on a 2nd gen so pretty sure it should work just fine.
      98 SL2m - Intake, Raceland coilovers, daily driver
      94 SW2a>m - slammed and boosted 9 PSI - sloppymechanics.com inspired. Now owned by Importsdontlikeme.
      94 SC2m - Build in progress, Ford EDIS, 720cc's, stock engine, MS2v3.57 7 on the road again

Comment

Yea, the trunk sheet metal is the same between the years. Or close enough that it doesn't matter. The only difference is the center reflector/fill panel. I wold like to see a pic the 3rd gen hood on 2nd gen car.
        It's not my fault, blame the radiation.

Comment

Originally posted by ZombieSatty View Post
          Yea, the trunk sheet metal is the same between the years. Or close enough that it doesn't matter. The only difference is the center reflector/fill panel. I wold like to see a pic the 3rd gen hood on 2nd gen car.
          +1

When I asked on here about this all before I was told it wouldnt work. I was wanting to throw a carbon fiber 2nd Gen hood on my 3rd Gen SLx when I needed a new hood after hitting a deer.
          I've been planning to try it out in a junkyard, but havent found a complete enough 2nd and 3rd gen in the same yard while the weather was nice enough to waste time.
          2008 Saturn Astra XE - New DD Build Thread
          2000 SL2m - Scrapped... used to be DD + Fun w/ a system (pictures fixed Jan 2017)
          1995 GMC Sonoma ext cab 4x4 - Beater work truck - Selling
          2000 Ford F150 Supercab 4x4 - Work truck + wife's daily.

Comment

I think even though it may not line up perfectly up front that it will fit since the spaceframe should be the same.
            98 SL2m - Intake, Raceland coilovers, daily driver
            94 SW2a>m - slammed and boosted 9 PSI - sloppymechanics.com inspired. Now owned by Importsdontlikeme.
            94 SC2m - Build in progress, Ford EDIS, 720cc's, stock engine, MS2v3.57 7 on the road again

Comment

Hmmm, worst comes to worst, I suppose I could always just fit the 3rd gen bug/stone deflector to the 2nd gen hood, since the centre character lines are further apart on the 3rd gen... It would just fit a little loosely in the middle.

Comment

Anything is possible with a little diligence.

And yes the 2 style hoods are interchangeable. And that bug deflector might be off.... but not so much where it would be noticeable from a galloping horse.

DROIDX/Tapatalk... Suck it.
                - Nate

2001 SL2m - Just about everything BUT the boost. High comp./N20 motor on the way.
                2000 SW2a - Newest member to the fold. .04 factory overbore.
                1998 Chevrolet 1500 Heavy 1/2 Ton. - Overweight, underpowered, bored .04

Comment