Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

free clear front signal lights (sl series)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• free clear front signal lights (sl series)

I hate the orange colour that the stock signal light bulbs in the headlights of my sl2 gave off when the bulbs are off so i fixed it. turns out the signal bulbs for the saturn l-series fit in and they're clear! so far they seem to be working fine and I've had them in for a week, best part is the pick n pull yard i got them from didn't even charge me a cent. Thought it might be worth mentioning incase anybody else here is a cheap broke bastard like me. Do be warned though, they flash white instead of the normal orange so you could get ticket

they are illegal.
    buy the bulbs that are clear and light up yellow
    Black 2006 Cobalt SS/SC
    ZZP | GMPP |EBC |GM Stg2

Comment

Corey is correct, you need amber colored lights to be legal. You're going to get a nice fine quickly. I would put something that lights up amber quickly before you get yourself in trouble.
      98 SL2m - Intake, Raceland coilovers, daily driver
      94 SW2a>m - slammed and boosted 9 PSI - sloppymechanics.com inspired. Now owned by Importsdontlikeme.
      94 SC2m - Build in progress, Ford EDIS, 720cc's, stock engine, MS2v3.57 7 on the road again

Comment

This is almost as stupid as putting in blue turning signals.

However, it would be cool to remove the orange backing on the turn signal, and keep the orange bulb.

I think. Then again I can't really imagine that either. Damn tiredness.
        - Sixthsphere Admin Team -

Comment

These are what I use for the front turn signals.

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/Ch...l-Marker-Lamps

Blend in with the housings, and light up amber.

Comment

I am running these in my turn signals. They light up orange.

James
            sigpic
            Click these links for my many projects
            Shaved, Boosted, Purple Race Car
            '64 C10 Build Officially LQ/NV3500 Swapped and Bagged
            Soon to be bagged, LS Powered, '62 Impala

Comment

Check and double check your state laws on that...

Last time i looked, MN required either white or amber lights. Looking now, i can't find that law anywhere. My next step is to talk with a county sheriff to see if they can tell me what the law is.
              Originally posted by alexofnazareth
              Do the world a favor and get back to your cornholing.

Comment

Originally posted by nad View Post
                Check and double check your state laws on that...

Last time i looked, MN required either white or amber lights. Looking now, i can't find that law anywhere. My next step is to talk with a county sheriff to see if they can tell me what the law is.
                state laws do not matter, they only matter when it comes to burned out bulbs/non working ones.
                auto lighting is DOT approved and federal government regulated, that way the colors and laws are the same across the country.
                Black 2006 Cobalt SS/SC
                ZZP | GMPP |EBC |GM Stg2

Comment

I live in Calgary Alberta so I double checked the law and it seems they should be legal for me (not sure about the states). I checked the alberta traffic safety act and found this:

(c) the lamps showing to the front shall be located at or near
                  the front on the same level and as widely spaced laterally
                  as practicable and when in use shall emit a white or amber
                  light that is plainly visible from the front in normal
                  sunlight for a distance of at least 250 metres

its under flashing lights or section 31.7.c

seems the laws in canada are slightly different. lol should have probably mentioned I live in canada when i posted it, my bad. also ot to argue, but dont some of the new audi and vw's have led turn signals that flash white? correct me if im wrong but for some reason or another I think they do

Comment

Sorry sir but I am sure that rules are the same across Canada as well, as our vehicles must be DOT approved as well.

My buddy in his Tahoe got rped for white turning signals and dark tint in Edmonton, Alberta. So I'd assume the same could be said for Calgary
                    - Sixthsphere Admin Team -

Comment