Gauge pod input needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gauge pod input needed

ok well as some of you may know i made a gauge pod a while back and need to make another to accomodate my new gauges for my turbo build, but i need help as to where i should put one. i make my own molds n shit so thats why i need some input.

thats it now, i was thinking on the right side of the gauge console or a pillar or possibly a kind of extension off above my current one and have it angled towards me.

input pleaze!!!!

p.s. the pods will be painted a satin black, that one is gloss black right now.
    [color=red]-Tyler[/color]<br /><br />2005 Chevy Trailblazer<br />1999 Saturn SL2<br />2002 Suzuki Bandit 1200

Props on the pod you made! Don't want to make a mount for a Miata do you? [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/smile.gif[/img]

I think that you should, depending on how many gauges you are adding (I'm guessing 2 to 3), use that indention in the dash, and have them angled towards you. Easy to make it flush with the dash, and it would give it a more stock appearance.
    sigpic

2002 SL Sport - Totaled by Negligent Driver
    1995 Miata Flared Turbo R Package - Rest In Pieces.
    1999 Miata Brilliant Black - The Daily

Comment

Originally posted by RotorNutFD3S
      Props on the pod you made! Don't want to make a mount for a Miata do you? [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/smile.gif[/img]

I think that you should, depending on how many gauges you are adding (I'm guessing 2 to 3), use that indention in the dash, and have them angled towards you. Easy to make it flush with the dash, and it would give it a more stock appearance.
      +1 thats where i was goin to put mine...it would look so good there and you wont have to worry about them as much as you would on the pillar...never know someone might go to get in your car and fuck em lol
      <br /><br />I wont bow to something that I've never seen..........I can't believe in something that doesn't believe in me....I'm not blood of your blood.....I'm no son of your god...I'm have no faith in your faith, still I find salvation<br /><br />[quote author="omgitselvisc"]im vinny's bitch i guess lol[/quote]

Comment

id go off the side of the hump for the stock cluster. I wanna say Brent did that but I might be way off on that assumption.

Comment

indentation on dash is perfect spot

Comment

I would also agree in the dash since you already have a cluster close by.
            sigpic
            Former owner of the Turtle
            (Sold 2017)98 SC2
            98 Honda CR-V my dd

Comment

Originally posted by RotorNutFD3S

I'm about to make one of these @ work that will bolt in out of 16ga aluminum. Its an ideal spot.
              ilostmysocketwrench | Bentra Motorsports Blog | Bentra Motorsports Videos

Comment

put it in the arnold palmer drink

no seriously the spot on the dash would be mint...kinda wrxish
                1995 Saturn SW2: Crushed
                1995 Saturn SW2: Lower Than You

Comment

Originally posted by I <3 My Saturn
                  put it in the arnold palmer drink
                  haha, you stoled my words.

and yeh, center dash above the current ones would be cool. i think when i get mine i'll either do that or on the pillar
                  98 SL2m - Intake, Raceland coilovers, daily driver
                  94 SW2a>m - slammed and boosted 9 PSI - sloppymechanics.com inspired. Now owned by Importsdontlikeme.
                  94 SC2m - Build in progress, Ford EDIS, 720cc's, stock engine, MS2v3.57 7 on the road again

Comment

you goin to mold the new gauge pod into the dash and bring the level up so it looks stock / flush'ish or ou goin to just mount the pod on top in a lump sort of configuration? when i finally get to the point of needing gauges i want to fiberglass the dash to extend the downward curve farther to the right to create more room to install a couple of gauges up in there.

He who won't read has no advantage over he who cannot. Repeat after me: Investigate. Learn. Discover. Ignorance is not bliss.

Comment

i wanted to do one like the 3000gt vr4 setups.

if you could make one like that i wouldnt waste my time trying to make something thats going to end up looking like a preschool arts project and buy it from you. if you were to sell it to me. lol
                      Just baught a Big Mac, Throw some Cheese on that bitch...
                      <br />
                      <br />**i*14: i actually shot a bird for sitting over my car
                      <br />
                      <br />tool:
                      <br />One who lacks the mental capacity to know he is being used
                      <br />
                      <br />[quote author="Schizzo97SC2"]what have we learned boys and girls? SOHC's are not fast. ever.[/quote]

Comment

The hump in the dashis a good spot,or the air vent by the door.But i like the one you made as well,you wanna sell 1?
                        404: sig not found

Comment

off of the gauge cluster to the right
                          [

Comment

I want to make mine off the cneter indent as well. I suggested it years ago, and was thrown under the bus.

That one in the vent is really nice though, GJ!
                            STC New England FOUNDER
                            1998 JGC 5.9L V8 LIMITED - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2669246 (+450HP Brick)
                            [quote author=&quot;TURRRBOOO&quot;]Igot a pop-up that won&#39;t go away...quick, some one rub it.[/quote]
                            [quote author=SL2clone]<br />Straight pipes sound like wet ass in a bathtub.[/quote]

Comment

go for the center of the dash. i put my pod there, and for my new build i think i may use a triple pod for the wrx
                              Ian---The Fat Ass

1995 SL2-High compression engine FOR SALE
                              2010 Chevy Cobalt SS- tuned with plenty of goodness
                              2002 SC2-New daily
                              2017 Kawasaki Ninja 650 KRT- got a stupid deal
                              2003 Ford Taurus SES- free daily beater

Comment