LED cluser bulb swap in 01 sc2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LED cluser bulb swap in 01 sc2?

I asked about it on saturn spot and some people seemed to have trouble with it, but of course is the spot and no one except about 4 people have any real knowledge to give. So I would like to know if any have swapped the stock bulbs to LEDs on a third gen cluster and if it was successful with was the bulb product number. thanks.
    Village Machining Service
    Offering Big Bore Tapered Throttle Bodies, True Short Throw Shifters, Differential Pin Welding and Any Other Machining Service
    PM Me for Details

I have an 01 Sc2 and if your looking at swapping just the cluster. superbrightleds.com has the B8.3D led bulbs that are a direct replacement for the instrument cluster. I just recently did this on my car. Just take the cluster out, twist out the old bulbs and twist in the new ones, easy as that.

Carson
    sigpic
    ~ Remember the Past, Embrace the Future, and always live life In This Moment

Comment

Ok, I found them, looks good. How many bulbs are there to be replaced in the cluster?
      Offering Big Bore Tapered Throttle Bodies, True Short Throw Shifters, Differential Pin Welding and Any Other Machining Service
      PM Me for Details

Comment

7 I believe, I didnt change the ones for the turn signals, highbeam light, and daytime running light indicators bc its a colored plastic so the blue wont show through on those. I'm fairly sure its 7, but easiest thing to do is take the plastic trim that goes in front of the cluster and radio off (just held in by clips so just pull carefully) and the cluster is held in by two bolts. take it out to confirm the number and just bolt or set it back in till the bulbs arrive then put it all back together. That about what I did.

Carson
        sigpic
        ~ Remember the Past, Embrace the Future, and always live life In This Moment

Comment

I dunno if you've already thought about it, but you can get some EL gauges from ebay for something like $15 shipped that look nicer than stock at night, even with LED's. I figure for the bulbs you'd be paying at least that much, so I just thought I'd throw it out.
          -Mike -MN <br />&#39;96 SC2 <br />Check out my website!<br />[img width=350 height=40]http://www.sixthsphere.com/storage/976/stc_banners-oakdog8.jpg[/img]

Comment

Not a fan of glow gauges at all. I have white face in there now, and I just want white leds to light it with.
            PM Me for Details

Comment

Originally posted by vms150
              Not a fan of glow gauges at all. I have white face in there now, and I just want white leds to light it with.
              Agreed. I have yet to see a decent reverse glow on any S-series, no matter the year or quality.

Although, with that said, if one could get the needles from an ION on there, maybe... maybe...
              STC New England FOUNDER
              1998 JGC 5.9L V8 LIMITED - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2669246 (+450HP Brick)
              [quote author=&quot;TURRRBOOO&quot;]Igot a pop-up that won&#39;t go away...quick, some one rub it.[/quote]
              [quote author=SL2clone]<br />Straight pipes sound like wet ass in a bathtub.[/quote]

Comment