VHT-ing your taillights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VHT-ing your taillights

so what are the tried and tested methods of applying vht to your taillights and rear reflector ( i have a 93 sl2). how many coats did it end up taking you to get them really black?

no one answered you because you are an asshole to every one. i told you how to do it. so buy the vht and we will do it. shit

Comment

haha f u. i just wanna hear what experiences others have had. i bought the stuff a few days ago. my rims should be in tomorrow also

Comment

im sorry im not experianced enough for you. i did my lights you ass.

Comment

you know you guys coulda kept this to PM's instead of wasting half a thread on insults back and forth
          <br /><br />I wont bow to something that I've never seen..........I can't believe in something that doesn't believe in me....I'm not blood of your blood.....I'm no son of your god...I'm have no faith in your faith, still I find salvation<br /><br />[quote author="omgitselvisc"]im vinny's bitch i guess lol[/quote]

Comment

hes a canadian, and im a post whore.

Comment

Washed with dawn, sanded lightly and rewashed.
              Let them air dry and sprayed on about 3 thin coats of vht with about a 15min break in between.
              Let it dry an hour then appiled 5 coats of clear to get it real shiny
              Waited about 5 days and then waxed it

Its stayed flawless thru the heat and the harsh winters up here so I think its good to go.

Comment

kagekun - Looks good!
                [img width=600 height=150]http://www.sixthsphere.com/storage2/images/wejag665buljx09mu77e.jpg[/img]<br />99SL2 w/97SC2M Engine/Trans Swap, CAI, 2.25 Custom Exhaust

Comment

Originally posted by kagekun
                  5 coats of clear to get it real shiny
                  what kind of clear coat do you use?
                  2000 Sl1, DOHC + 5spd Swap with Welded Diff, Ported & Polished & .30 shaved head, Port Matched Intake Manifold, Ported TB, SDA DogBone Mounts, Fidanza Fw, 2.25 Cat Back, Window Welded Trans Mount, AEM wideband, Quad Hid Projector Retrofit soon

Comment

Do a search, it is your friend......
                    [quote author="S.Bretz"]I couldn't get mine off when I was 16, I had to have someone else that was stronger then me pull it off. He almost took it in the fore head. It was quite comical from my point of view.[/quote]<br />[quote author="ProjectSW1"]it should be licking my asshole whilst jerking me off and giving occasional tongue lashings to mah nuts... WHILE FLYING MY ASS TO VEGAS!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]<br />2005 Chili Pepper Red Redline - Carbon Fiber Badges, boost gauge, oil pressure gauge, GMPP 2-pass endplate, soon OTT Stage 1.

Comment

Originally posted by ProjectSW1
                      kagekun - Looks good!
                      [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/biggrin.gif[/img] Thanks

Originally posted by gold00sl
                      5 coats of clear to get it real shiny
                      what kind of clear coat do you use?
                      I used Dupli-Color Auto Spray Clear Top Coat (http://www.autobarn.net/duauspcltopc.html) for reference. Its stood up against alot of dirt mud and snow, deff recommend it

Comment

Originally posted by SC2sleeper
                        Do a search, it is your friend......
                        +1

i know there are threads on this already.
                        anyway, i just sprayed mine till the got dark. about 8 coats right in a row. i was inpatient. [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/confused.gif[/img] they didn't turn out too bad though
                        98 SL2m - Intake, Raceland coilovers, daily driver
                        94 SW2a>m - slammed and boosted 9 PSI - sloppymechanics.com inspired. Now owned by Importsdontlikeme.
                        94 SC2m - Build in progress, Ford EDIS, 720cc's, stock engine, MS2v3.57 7 on the road again

Comment

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... ail+lights
                          Just baught a Big Mac, Throw some Cheese on that bitch...
                          <br />
                          <br />**i*14: i actually shot a bird for sitting over my car
                          <br />
                          <br />tool:
                          <br />One who lacks the mental capacity to know he is being used
                          <br />
                          <br />[quote author="Schizzo97SC2"]what have we learned boys and girls? SOHC's are not fast. ever.[/quote]

Comment

Originally posted by djgeo05
                            http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7563819317232009986&q=how+to+smoke +tail+lights
                            That was an amazing how to video, i watched the whole thing and the lights turned out great, someone should sticky this just for that video
                            ~Spenser
                            <br />
                            <br />

Comment

Originally posted by mango
                              Originally posted by djgeo05
                              http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7563819317232009986&q=how+to+smoke +tail+lights
                              That was an amazing how to video, i watched the whole thing and the lights turned out great, someone should sticky this just for that video
                              I think it is stickied? It's been posted before. Anyways, I don't like the video. I'm more anal about my painting prep than he is.

Washed with dawn, sanded lightly and rewashed.
                              Let them air dry and sprayed on about 3 thin coats of vht with about a 15min break in between.
                              Let it dry an hour then appiled 5 coats of clear to get it real shiny
                              Waited about 5 days and then waxed it
                              They shouldn't get that dark in 3 coats! I put about 10 on mine (after redding out the amber) and they turned out like this:

Take em to a local body shop and get em professionally clearcoated. One shop quoted me $60...I had a friend working at another shop, I paid him $20 and it was good....the clear is amazing...it looks almost liquid. He told me to wait a month before waxing.
                              -2002 Saturn SC2 - Clean, slow, low daily
                              -2008 Saab 9-7x Aero
                              -1996 Suzuki Bandit 750 swapped
                              -1998 VW Golf GTI VR6 Mid Engine LeMons car
                              -1986 RX7 - 275whp @ 10psi

Comment