Door Noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Door Noise

Does anyone know how to get rid of the noise when you have the door open and the lights on in say a 98 SW2 cus it bugs me sometimes haha.
    sigpic

find it and break it? lol

Comment

its the chime module, unplug it from the IP fuse block below the radio. It looks like a lil box thing, on the top. Although I seriously wouldn't recommend it. It is there for a reason ya know,

Comment

Originally posted by SupraCharged007
        its the chime module, unplug it from the IP fuse block below the radio. It looks like a lil box thing, on the top. Although I seriously wouldn't recommend it. It is there for a reason ya know,
        yeah to annoy the piss out of ya
        Originally posted by ECOtec Gods
        Consider this: 800 hp is a lot on a 2.0L motor. With 750hp, three-quarters of a thousand you're basically dealing with 6.14 hp per cubic inch. Pressures and stresses of all kinds thermal and mechanical loading across the board escalate to extreme levels. A Chevrolet 5.7-liter LS1 V8 with this much specific power (horsepower per cubic inch) would be making 2,137 hp

Comment

there is one in my s10. i has kept me from leaving my lights on and locking my keys in it several times. it doesnt bother me.

Comment

^hahaha
            owned

Comment

i added that one lol

Comment

oh, damn [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/sad.gif[/img]

Comment

Like Billy said, it's under your radio. I have yanked it out of every Saturn I have owned (that is seven times lol) because it annoys the shit out of me.
                  1993 SW2 - Slow and Low

Comment

Originally posted by Plastic Fury
                    Like Billy said, it's under your radio. I have yanked it out of every Saturn I have owned (that is seven times lol) because it annoys the shit out of me.
                    if you remove this box then ur interior lights don't work. what you need to do is pop the box open, there is a tab on it somewhere and remove the shiny plate on the inside. put it back together slap it back under ur dash and tadah! no more dingy!

and yes, i have left my lights on because of this....
                    98 SL2m - Intake, Raceland coilovers, daily driver
                    94 SW2a>m - slammed and boosted 9 PSI - sloppymechanics.com inspired. Now owned by Importsdontlikeme.
                    94 SC2m - Build in progress, Ford EDIS, 720cc's, stock engine, MS2v3.57 7 on the road again

Comment

Originally posted by punkboySL2
                      no more dingy!
                      hee hee... you sed Dingy! [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/00550694.gif[/img]
                      [img width=600 height=150]http://www.sixthsphere.com/storage2/images/wejag665buljx09mu77e.jpg[/img]<br />99SL2 w/97SC2M Engine/Trans Swap, CAI, 2.25 Custom Exhaust

Comment

Originally posted by punkboySL2
                        Originally posted by Plastic Fury
                        if you remove this box then ur interior lights don't work. what you need to do is pop the box open, there is a tab on it somewhere and remove the shiny plate on the inside. put it back together slap it back under ur dash and tadah! no more dingy!

and yes, i have left my lights on because of this....
                        Well most Saturns don't have dome lights lol.

And the door chime has never bothered me enough to make take it out. It's alot easier to tolerate than the one in Hondas. Now those are annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by codytheoutlaw
                          there is one in my s10. i has kept me from leaving my lights on and locking my keys in it several times. it doesnt bother me.
                          heh... if your s10 is like my blazer then your radio stays on after you remove the key and turns off when you open the door.. so if you tak eth ekey out and set it on the seat and listen to music while you're waiting and then get out and go to work and you still leave your keys inside... lol..

but you should hear the chime with the dash peice that covers it off.. its feckin annoying alright.
                          lawd it's been a long time

Comment