auto seat belt removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• auto seat belt removal

Ok so i did a search and didn't find anything....

I want to remove my auto seat belts and install manual ones.....has anyone on here ever done that....how difficult is it? and what do i need to go about doing this swap

I have a 94 SC2
    Go turbo or don't go at all!
    <br />-NY
    <br />'94 Turbo SC2
    <br />

ummm shit where's sean he took his out and can clear it up a bit
    -Vinny

Comment

I did it in my 94' SL2. Its a really simple swap, you just need the manual belts and trim from a 95'-96' SC2. Pull all of the power crap, and then put the manual stuff in its place. If you need me to elaborate I will... only detail, on my car at least, was you need to drill a new whole in the trim piece where the belt is bolted to the pillar.
      '94 SL2: The Detail Junky (Will it ever run? Does it even exist?)
      '95 SW2: The Daily Junky 3 (388k Champion)
      '95 SL2: The Daily Junky 5 (aka Snow Junky 2)

The Detail Junky Build

"Saturn people like a different kind of Escargot: Redefining the association between Saturns and Snails."

For Sale Thread (Current Items: 9-Bolt Head, 9-Bolt Timing Cover, 5-Bolt Timing Cover)
      Wanted Thread (None)

Comment

Originally posted by lilcraigford
        I did it in my 94' SL2. Its a really simple swap, you just need the manual belts and trim from a 95'-96' SC2. Pull all of the power crap, and then put the manual stuff in its place. If you need me to elaborate I will... only detail, on my car at least, was you need to drill a new whole in the trim piece where the belt is bolted to the pillar.
        Hmmm, now that is interesting.

In my 93SC1 (and SC2) I removed the auto belts in favor of a harness setup. I then decided to do the same for the passanger side and just install the manual setup from a '96SC1 I had in the yard. After I removed the parts from both cars I was ready to re-install the 96 parts in. Every thing matched up except where the seat belt roller thing sits in the wall behind the door. The mounts were different and I would have to weld something in place to make that work in my '93.

I would love so see pics of the swap in your car. Now I notice you have a sedan, so that might be different but it damn sure did not work for my coupe. As of right now it just has the lap belt for the passanger. I want to upgrade my harness and will probably just move it over to the passanger side.

Turbosc2 - as was mentioned removal is easy. You just have to remove all the 10mm bolts holding the mouse tracks on both sides, then follow the wiring down to the motors and unplug and unbolt them. There is nothing to it. As I mentioned above, re-installing oem belts from second gens proved to be a problem but I may look into it again.
        1993 SW2 - Slow and Low

Comment

just give it a few more months, eventually they'll stop working like mine.
          lawd it's been a long time

Comment

Originally posted by Darthn3ss
            just give it a few more months, eventually they'll stop working like mine.
            quoted for truth.
            i think you have to drill a hole in the b pillar to mount the top of the belt to. then weld a nut or something there, bolt it up. enjoy no auto belts.

Comment

hmmm thats weird i have a 95 SL2 which i figured would have auto belt shits but its manual....woo hoo lol
              <br /><br />I wont bow to something that I've never seen..........I can't believe in something that doesn't believe in me....I'm not blood of your blood.....I'm no son of your god...I'm have no faith in your faith, still I find salvation<br /><br />[quote author="omgitselvisc"]im vinny's bitch i guess lol[/quote]

Comment

Thanks for the responses guys...im gunna head over to the u-pull it and pick up some stuff and see if i can make it work i will post pics up if i get it to work out
                Go turbo or don't go at all!
                <br />-NY
                <br />'94 Turbo SC2
                <br />

Comment

Originally posted by 95SL2me
                  hmmm thats weird i have a 95 SL2 which i figured would have auto belt shits but its manual....woo hoo lol
                  Yeah -they changed the belt style when they restyled the interior for '95. [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/smile.gif[/img]
                  SaturnSeries.net Owner
                  '99 SC2 Project Car build thread

Comment

I think you'll need either a 45 or 50 torx bit to remove the manual belt as well.
                    -Mike -MN <br />&#39;96 SC2 <br />Check out my website!<br />[img width=350 height=40]http://www.sixthsphere.com/storage/976/stc_banners-oakdog8.jpg[/img]

Comment