Repainting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repainting

Well just ran the car through the car wash and found a second major scrach/scuff on the rear quarter pannel. Nice to know the car has been hit for the second time with out me knowing. Bastards. Anyways I was thinking about getting it repainted this spring. I'm was thinking about pulling the body pannels and doing the prep work my self and getting it professionally sprayed then doing the finishing work myslef. Anyone know what I would be looking at for cost this way? and that vs. having a shop do all of it? Its a yellow 01 SC2 and I want to keep the stock color so its not anykind of exotic paint scheme. Also anyone have a good write up or web site for reference on the prep work? I have an idea of what needs to be done, but the more information the better. Thanks

~ Carson
    sigpic
    ~ Remember the Past, Embrace the Future, and always live life In This Moment

How bad are these scuffs? Anything that'll buff out? I buffed out my 13 year old paint and it gleams like new. I think the NE guys that have seen can vouche for it.
    '94 SL2: The Detail Junky (Will it ever run? Does it even exist?)
    '95 SW2: The Daily Junky 3 (388k Champion)
    '95 SL2: The Daily Junky 5 (aka Snow Junky 2)

The Detail Junky Build

"Saturn people like a different kind of Escargot: Redefining the association between Saturns and Snails."

For Sale Thread (Current Items: 9-Bolt Head, 9-Bolt Timing Cover, 5-Bolt Timing Cover)
    Wanted Thread (None)

Comment

Well the scuffs are through the paint, down to the black below it. I've been thinking about getting it repainted anyways b/c I have a lot of pit marks on the front of it as well, due to highway driving, and a few spots from a my bike rack on the back before I figured out how to better protect the car.
      sigpic
      ~ Remember the Past, Embrace the Future, and always live life In This Moment

Comment

Originally posted by lilcraigford
        How bad are these scuffs? Anything that'll buff out? I buffed out my 13 year old paint and it gleams like new. I think the NE guys that have seen can vouche for it.
        Vouched.
        - Justin [s]99 Blue SL2 - T3/T4 14psi[/s] (dead)

FS: Pimped lower trans mount, TiAL 38mm Wastegate, Gauge Cluster, Oil Drain

Comment