Got me some HID's!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got me some HID's!

just put in a set of 10,000KL HID's with the hi/low beam's. Looks a ton better then stock. it lights up everything now they are so bright. street signs and road lines look like neon colors from a blacklight lol.

and i got a new sony media center!
    Lowered, Drifz Rims, Fiber Images Carbon Fiber Hood, Kustom System, Tinted Tails, Interior Mods, Blue Underglow and Blue/Blacklights inside. Other Misc Mods done...
    <br />
    <br />http://www.cardomain.com/ride/801092
    <br />

looks good. you have them in both high/low?
    sigpic

Comment

holy crap 10,000K? you really like blue/purple eh? they look good though, good job. I'm looking at around 6000k, want more output.
      -Vinny

Comment

Originally posted by Schizzo97SC2
        holy crap 10,000K? you really like blue/purple eh? they look good though, good job. I'm looking at around 6000k, want more output.
        6000k are great Vinnie! I wanted 4200k, but after reading the temp ratings I went colder/bluer/less brite. I guarantee you will love the 6000k. On my next car I will go with the 8000k.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dream36realms
          6000k are great Vinnie! I wanted 4200k, but after reading the temp ratings I went colder/bluer/less brite.
          I think you meant HOTTER/bluer/less bright?

And how high was that picture taken from, the 2nd one? Make sure you aim those really low. Plug-n-Play kits are notorious for blinding other ppl because of the glare they produce, but if you aim them pretty conservatively you should be ok.

Comment

the second pic was maybe 25-30 ft away. and yes i like the color, which is uy i got them. even though they are 10,000 they still produce much more than stok did. supposedly they are 3x brighter. and those pics are the low beams. i havnt completely wired the high beams yet since i ran out of time...
            Lowered, Drifz Rims, Fiber Images Carbon Fiber Hood, Kustom System, Tinted Tails, Interior Mods, Blue Underglow and Blue/Blacklights inside. Other Misc Mods done...
            <br />
            <br />

Comment

Nice dude.
              2015 Ford Mustang - DD
              2013 Kia Sorento SX V6
              1978 Buick Century Custom - 42k Original Miles

Comment

I've got 8k in my car, and wouldn't mind the 10k sometimes.

but Scotty's 8k looks hella bluer than my 8k.

I wouldn't go any lower than 6k...at least with the Halo kit.

Looks awesome, dude [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/smile.gif[/img]
                -2002 Saturn SC2 - Clean, slow, low daily
                -2008 Saab 9-7x Aero
                -1996 Suzuki Bandit 750 swapped
                -1998 VW Golf GTI VR6 Mid Engine LeMons car
                -1986 RX7 - 275whp @ 10psi

Comment

How many times do I have to tell you I got 6500k?! lol. I don't really understand why they are so much more blue than yours though. Just don't buy cheap kits I guess.

Looks good!

Comment

car

Looks great,.. how much was the kit? Do you have better pictures? Where did you get it? I've tried the $70 PIAA bulbs, but didn't like the results much.

I miss the headlights my old 2002 Mazda Protege5 had,.. now THOSE were REALLY bright even stock...

Comment

wow... I have to say, I was never a big fan of Ions until I joined this board.

Between this one and the yellowish one that shows up on in the random pics @ the top... I kinda wanna get one now.

- Tatusmi
                      - Canada<br />2004 Saab 9-3 2.0T ARC<br />2005 Ducati 999R<br />1999 Saturn SL2 - Gone - Eibach Pro Kit, SPS Short Shifter, Dogbone Mounts, AEM CAI, 2.25&quot; Exhaust, Front STB, 17&quot; Konig Next Wheels &amp; Kumho Ecsta Supra Tires

Comment

i <3 the eyelids

Comment

thats sweet dude, i'd liek to get a set for mine but im in michigan and well $ is a little tight.

Comment

thanks for the comments guys. i got the kit off a compan y on ebay for 161 shipped. it has the high beam buld along with the hid lows. its a nice kit and took 5 min to put in.

hopefully ill have more done come spring [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/icon_twisted.gif[/img]
                            <br />
                            <br />

Comment

Maybe when I hit the lottery, i'll do something like this to my car..

http://izntrbl.vstore.ca/product_info.p ... headlights

That guy does AWESOME work!!
                              2007 ION QC3

Comment