custom fitting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• custom fitting

i need help! will a hood from a newer 2001 sc hood fit on a 1998? would it work if i also changed the head lights?

Yes.

Comment

it should fit the same, and the headlights will swap over as well. you won't have much if any issue swapping both over there, and it will look pretty hot IMO.
      -Vinny

Comment

i am thinking of doing this also
        Bigger. Better. Keebler
        <br />
        <br />Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."

Comment

the headlights wont fit the bumper perfect, it'll look like something is missing when you are finished. The lower inside corner of the 3rd gen bump is more curved around the headlight where the 2nd gen bumper is more square right there. I think Syn's car has the swap done, contact him for some pics of what im talkin about.

Comment

Yeah, I've seen it and I'm not a huge fan of it for exactly that reason. There is a funny gap under the headlight. Plus the body line that sorta goes into the curve of the hood will no longer look right. You can use the 3rd gen headlights with the second gen hood too, but I personally think that looks goofy as well.

Comment

Originally posted by scottyr94
              You can use the 3rd gen headlights with the second gen hood too, but I personally think that looks goofy as well.
              yea that looks worse cause not only do you have the weird gap at the bottom, but then the hood doesnt follow the line in the headlight either.

Comment

I seriously want to do this, the only thing I like about the 3rd gens are the hood and headlights [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

You need the brackets for the headlights as well.
                  -2002 Saturn SC2 - Clean, slow, low daily
                  -2008 Saab 9-7x Aero
                  -1996 Suzuki Bandit 750 swapped
                  -1998 VW Golf GTI VR6 Mid Engine LeMons car
                  -1986 RX7 - 275whp @ 10psi

Comment

The CF Hoods on a 3rd gen have a better selection than the 2nd gen.

Comment

where are you looking?
                      sigpic

Comment