so what should i do with my roof?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so what should i do with my roof?

well, today in class after i fixed my exhaust hanger and the exhaust leak, i decided to move my CB antenna from the roof to the trunk.

unfortunately when i took the antenna off, some of the silicon gel i'd used to seal around the antenna base had gotten in between the magnet in the base and the roof. so when i took the antenna off, about a square inch of paint came with it. [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/redface.gif[/img]

for right now i sanded down the area and sprayed it black with a rattle can so it won't rust until i figure out what to do. so here's my question:

should i do some research online and try to sand it down and redo it in the same color? how hard is it to do this?

or should i have it resprayed at a shop? i got a quote from the autobody class at my school and for paint supplies and labor it would be $121.02. (they only charge $5 an hour for labor) and i know they do decent work, as my grandmother had her trucks roof resprayed there. they said since they'd have to repaint the whole roof, i could get it done any color for the same price. so if i go this route, i'm debating between having it back to the summer blue, or getting the roof done black like on the eagle talons.
    do it myself and respray it the same blue
    0%
    have it resprayed the same blue
    0%
    have it resprayed black
    0%
    94 SC2, manual, the whore that won't die
    96 SC2, auto, 146k, wife's car
    96 Formula, LT1, T56, T-tops, gas guzzling whore

Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

I dont think black would llok to good on your blue. Try a photochop to see what it looks like.

Comment

I say go for the same blue. How did you have your CB antenna mounted? Is there a semi-sleeper way to do it?
      -Mike -MN <br />&#39;96 SC2 <br />Check out my website!<br />[img width=350 height=40]http://www.sixthsphere.com/storage/976/stc_banners-oakdog8.jpg[/img]

Comment

lol....
        you finally took your antenna off?
        Just baught a Big Mac, Throw some Cheese on that bitch...
        <br />
        <br />**i*14: i actually shot a bird for sitting over my car
        <br />
        <br />tool:
        <br />One who lacks the mental capacity to know he is being used
        <br />
        <br />[quote author="Schizzo97SC2"]what have we learned boys and girls? SOHC's are not fast. ever.[/quote]

Comment

Originally posted by djgeo05
          lol....
          you finally took your antenna off?
          re-read the first line.

oakdog, no, there's not really any subtle way to do it if you want to have good range and reception. the way i had it mounted before was basically just about dead center in my roof, with a magnetic base. basically there's no way a 6 foot whip is gonna be subtle on a saturn, lol.

*edit* well, for good range you could still use a small (maybe 2-3 feet at the most) antenna, and just use an amplifier on the antenna. that is, however, illegal. (well, just like removing a cat on the exhaust is illegal, lol)

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/TRUCKSPEC-MAGNETIC- ... dZViewItem

ftw
            Just baught a Big Mac, Throw some Cheese on that bitch...
            <br />
            <br />**i*14: i actually shot a bird for sitting over my car
            <br />
            <br />tool:
            <br />One who lacks the mental capacity to know he is being used
            <br />
            <br />[quote author="Schizzo97SC2"]what have we learned boys and girls? SOHC's are not fast. ever.[/quote]

Comment

14 inches?

that be small. mine is 72 inches [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I still wanna know why you want/have a CB in a Saturn anyway...I know I'm still figuring out you "Floridians" but... :roll:

Comment

i think he just likes to fuck with truck drivers.
                  lawd it's been a long time

Comment

i had the cb on my car fo a few months so i could talk to my friends in there..and yeah...after a while i got sick of it
                    1995 Saturn SW2: Crushed
                    1995 Saturn SW2: Lower Than You

Comment

I like to fuck with truckers, and I am getting a PA for mine too. I just dont like the two foot antenna on the trunk lid
                      -Mike -MN <br />&#39;96 SC2 <br />Check out my website!<br />[img width=350 height=40]http://www.sixthsphere.com/storage/976/stc_banners-oakdog8.jpg[/img]

Comment

thats the main reason i got rid of mine...i was getting no respect for driving a saturn as is...but with that it was worse
                        1995 Saturn SW2: Crushed
                        1995 Saturn SW2: Lower Than You

Comment

Re: so what should i do with my roof?

Originally posted by aeroblu22

unfortunately when i took the antenna off, some of the silicon gel i'd used to seal around the antenna base had gotten in between the magnet in the base and the roof. so when i took the antenna off, about a square inch of paint came with it. [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/redface.gif[/img]
                          umm... you shouldnt have to use silicone with the antenna.... the magnet is strong enough and it wont rust under...

Comment

Couldnt you rig something up and put a cb antena is tha radio antena spot? I dont know much about cb's but you think you could do something????

Comment

but then what about radio? I was thinking of putting a CB antenna right next to the radio antenna, or in the same spot on the opposite side of the car so it doesn't look obvious and ghey

Comment