Angel Eyes/HID Stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angel Eyes/HID Stuff

Okay...before I get burned on this one for being a ricer or a wannabe. I was executing some research for a friend. And I thought this was pretty ingenious.

ANGEL EYES MOD

Check it out. Fuckin' BRILLIANT!

Tim

i made one by those instructions awhile ago, patience is key. i just did it to see how well it worked in person
    [color=red]-Tyler[/color]<br /><br />2005 Chevy Trailblazer<br />1999 Saturn SL2<br />2002 Suzuki Bandit 1200

Comment

the problem would be finding the projectors or anything to fit those onto.....since they don't make those for saturns. it'd prolly be easier to find a set of angel lights take the backs out and transpose those onto ur current headlight shells somehow...

now that i think about it, they'd both be time consuming

though they don't look to bad at all. but i'd rather have some truely funtional angel eyes. IMO that would be cooler.
      98 SL2m - Intake, Raceland coilovers, daily driver
      94 SW2a>m - slammed and boosted 9 PSI - sloppymechanics.com inspired. Now owned by Importsdontlikeme.
      94 SC2m - Build in progress, Ford EDIS, 720cc's, stock engine, MS2v3.57 7 on the road again

Comment

has anyone tried doing custom work to convert our headlights to projectors? Mabey by using the same housing but gutting it and replacing all of the insides.

Comment

I have an Ion. May or maynot be too hard. Got a few Idears.

You can find used projectors from other cars on Ebay. Namely BMW's and Benz's. Just have to adapt them over somehow.

Tim

Comment

do some research before looking into projectors. The ION headlamp should be much easier to modify due to its design. I just started on a 3rd gen SC2 projector retrofit, and its going to take forever and its going to be a complete PITA. If you are gonna retro projectors, at least get something good. OEM HID is the only way to go.

Comment

also, that same guy that wrote that article does some pretty good HID work. Check out some stuff on his site about HID projectors.

This is a pic of the light output on his car

Comment

there was a guy on saturnfags that made his own kit, for angel eyes took alot of work but it they looked nice.
                2004 Ion Redline Blue sunroof, advance audio, nexen rubber more to come..
                <br />
                <br />97 sl2 5spd [email protected] SOLD

Comment

tim, what the hell are you workin on this week? and post a better discription
                  06' Ion 2
                  09' WRX

...The distinction between past, present, and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion... Einstein

Comment

i woudln't wanna be driving in the opposing lane with that civic.. i'd fucking drive into a tree from being blind

Comment

haha

and yeh I was thinking of taking the backs from a B-mer and puttting those into the satty shells. would be a real project. is something to do eventually on my list of stuff.
                      98 SL2m - Intake, Raceland coilovers, daily driver
                      94 SW2a>m - slammed and boosted 9 PSI - sloppymechanics.com inspired. Now owned by Importsdontlikeme.
                      94 SC2m - Build in progress, Ford EDIS, 720cc's, stock engine, MS2v3.57 7 on the road again

Comment