New Seat, Shifter, and Wheel Installed +Battery +Harness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Seat, Shifter, and Wheel Installed +Battery +Harness

Well finally I have everything installed. I ended up making my own custom bracket for the seat using the stock tabs. It came out pretty well. Pictures below for those who requested.

Seat is a Sparco Sprint Racing Seat, Shifter is a Momo Combat Evo, and the Wheel is a Momo Race Series.

--Adam
    2002 Subaru WRX - 2012 Yeti SB66 MTB

http://www.facebook.com/adam.koback

nice ass setup bro!
    English: Put it in the butt <br />Spanish: Metalo en el culo <br />French: Je vais t'enculer <br />Italian:Immettalo nel culo <br />German: Steck es ins Arsch ein <br />Dutch: Zet hem in het doelwit<br />Greek: Valto mesa sto kolo <br />Portuguese: Meta-o no cu <br />Russian: ?????? ? ??? (zasun' v zad) <br />Turkish: Gأ¶tأ¼ne koymak <br />Norwegian: Anbringer det i klubben <br />Armenian: Voreet Meche Beedee Khotem <br />Danish: Stik det op i roeven <br />Icelandic: Troddu أ¾vأ­ upp أ­ rassgatiأ° أ، أ¾أ©r <br />Japanese: Oshiri nioru

Comment

how much that all set you back?
      2015 Ford Mustang - DD
      2013 Kia Sorento SX V6
      1978 Buick Century Custom - 42k Original Miles

Comment

looks pretty good, clean

Comment

I like it
          sigpic

Comment

Seat was $250 with sliders off a friend, wheel was $205, and the shifter $80. It totally changes the comfort level at speed seriously. I can't believe I never put a seat in the wagon.

--Adam

Comment

So I just got finished doing my battery install today. Gosh I love the extra room in the engine bay!!

14lb Odyssey PC680

--Adam

Comment

Adam.......rip all that carpet out and save somemore weight. LOL!

I likey your wheel. They make adapters now?
                I Only Worry When My SES Light Goes Out....

I'm Officially in the 200,000+ mile club

Comment

Originally posted by scooter

There's a guy by the Ryan (North) on SaturnSpot who makes them.

Also, the carpet in the trunk area is definitely coming out hahah.

--Adam

Comment

Originally posted by adamkob32
                    Originally posted by scooter

There's a guy by the Ryan (North) on SaturnSpot who makes them.

Also, the carpet in the trunk area is definitely coming out hahah.

--Adam
                    Yeah, I tried asking for pictures of the adapter from that guy. I think given our (Dad & I) nature he was turned off... how much did just the adapter set you back? I may just purchase from the guy. And, a silly question, but do most aftermarket steering wheels share a generic bolt pattern? I'm going Sparco...
                    '94 SL2: The Detail Junky (Will it ever run? Does it even exist?)
                    '95 SW2: The Daily Junky 3 (388k Champion)
                    '95 SL2: The Daily Junky 5 (aka Snow Junky 2)

The Detail Junky Build

"Saturn people like a different kind of Escargot: Redefining the association between Saturns and Snails."

For Sale Thread (Current Items: 9-Bolt Head, 9-Bolt Timing Cover, 5-Bolt Timing Cover)
                    Wanted Thread (None)

Comment

Yea the Sparco will fit, the price was really really high for a freaking steering wheel hub, but I wanted to use this wheel so I bit the bullet anyway. Price is $180 for everything right now. It really doesn't work well on the 1st gen interior like mine either. I had to give up use of the steering clock and I'm still trying to figure out a way to get the horn going.

--Adam

Comment

Hmm... may have to yank a wheel and take look behind there, see what I can't come up with. An adapter couldn't be to hard I imagine. You uhh... wouldn't happen to have any pictures would you?
                        '94 SL2: The Detail Junky (Will it ever run? Does it even exist?)
                        '95 SW2: The Daily Junky 3 (388k Champion)
                        '95 SL2: The Daily Junky 5 (aka Snow Junky 2)

The Detail Junky Build

"Saturn people like a different kind of Escargot: Redefining the association between Saturns and Snails."

For Sale Thread (Current Items: 9-Bolt Head, 9-Bolt Timing Cover, 5-Bolt Timing Cover)
                        Wanted Thread (None)

Comment

quite nice, love that steering wheel.
                          lawd it's been a long time

Comment

Re: New Seat, Shifter, and Wheel Installed +Battery

Originally posted by Section 14.2.D of 2006 Solo Rules
                            Alternate steering wheels are allowed except that steering
                            wheels with an integral airbag may not be changed.
                            Did you not have an airbag?

Nice seat, BTW. Are you going to replace the passenger seat as well?

Comment

btw.. it doesn't look like you did so... you probably shoudl of sanded the paint to bare metal for your ground.
                              lawd it's been a long time

Comment