Virtual Modification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virtual Modification

My rudimentary attempt to create a different look for the Ion. Most of this an attempt to actually create this in real life. The big mouth hole is supposed to be about 6-7" tall and a tapering width as you run down the left and right 'mouth pillars' as I call them. Hope you enjoy. Tell me what you think.

Tim

Before Chop

After Chop

*FIXDED the problema*

i like [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/biggrin.gif[/img]

looks way better after the chop
    Fucking Pringle bastards.

Comment

Can someone please pull the before pic down...I fergots to edit out the plate #. I can't seem to get it pulled down. Thanks

Tim

Comment

I like it, I'd wanna round in the fog light holes, not fill them in, like I said when we round up a bumper I'll get started on "cut and paste". and as far as fiberglassing cost this should be, not too expensive. When I get back from vacation I'll look into the supplies and I'll try to get the bumper sourced this week and at least let you know if they have one, and then I'll get started on the intial cutting, and then we'll go from there..
        06' Ion 2
        09' WRX

...The distinction between past, present, and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion... Einstein

Comment

bear in mind that the black in the fog holes isn't what the finished product will be. It was what I had to work with so I ran with it.

Recall that the black in those fog light holes is just an ABS insert. I planned on taking it out when I got to the build anyhow.

Tim

Comment

Yeah, those Zenon kits would have looked better if the whole nose was one piece instead of the stick-on bottom portion.

The chop looks pretty good and your ION would be more unique to boot.
            1993 SW2 - Slow and Low

Comment

I don't see theM?
              -2002 Saturn SC2 - Clean, slow, low daily
              -2008 Saab 9-7x Aero
              -1996 Suzuki Bandit 750 swapped
              -1998 VW Golf GTI VR6 Mid Engine LeMons car
              -1986 RX7 - 275whp @ 10psi

Comment

ONe loads...the other is deleted. It had my plate # on it...in process of editing it.

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by The Shaolin
                  I don't see theM?
                  clicky [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/wink.gif[/img]
                  SaturnSeries.net Owner
                  '99 SC2 Project Car build thread

Comment

Tim, how big do you want the opening? That way i can start working on it while i'm on vacation, and do you want me to open the fog light holes like the front bumper opening or do you want me too take into consideration for anyone that may want to keep their foglights, or would that be pointless? and what about a filler plate for people that may just a CAI, for protection against water spray? What about the plastic wheel well liner? are we going to make a extension for that? That's something I wouldn't be comfortable taking out, and driving around without. just let me know....
                    Tony
                    06' Ion 2
                    09' WRX

...The distinction between past, present, and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion... Einstein

Comment

Looks good!
                      sigpic
                      Former owner of the Turtle
                      (Sold 2017)98 SC2
                      98 Honda CR-V my dd

Comment

Tim, SOB has 1 in stock it's 235.56 out the door, Saturnparts.net is 190.87 + UPS shipping 30 - 40 bucks plus wait time w/ shipping, so there ya go......
                        Tony
                        06' Ion 2
                        09' WRX

Comment

Gimme a few...holy schnikes...just woke up.

Tim

Comment

HOLY JEEBUS! Thats SEXY! lol

Comment

i like it too. looks clean and not as busy.

Jason

Comment