Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Update on Car Painting

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Update on Car Painting

    Just spoke to the woman who works at Electro-Bake, I should be expecting to see the car by this coming monday. I was hoping I wasnt going to get a surprise call saturday saying it was done and have to get from orlando to spring hill lol. Today they did most of the sanding and tomorrow the painting begins.

    For those of you who dont know, I got the rear spoiler removed, the front license plate holder removed, and am getting rid of ALL pinstriping. The roof and side mirrors are getting painted gloss black as well for that NSX-type look, or like the limited edition SC2's.

  • #2
    should be neat frank.. did you change the main color or sticking with the sand

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by linefire
      should be neat frank.. did you change the main color or sticking with the sand
      Going to paint it the same metallic gold color, but i think it will look better because it wont be as faded as much as the 10 year old coat that was on there.

      Comment


      • #4
        meh, shoulda went with black with red flakes sparkle sparkle

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Saturn_06
          meh, shoulda went with black with red flakes sparkle sparkle
          If he did that, touchups will be a biotch. Always go with a solid color for paint since metalics are hard to duplicate
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            metlalic gold is te stock gold. Its not that shiney chip crap that you see on show cars and stuff.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by HighEnd777
              Going to paint it the same metallic gold color, but i think it will look better because it wont be as faded as much as the 10 year old coat that was on there.
              That's cool, it should look great with a fresh coat of gold. I want to paint the SC1 silver or white with the gloss black roof/mirror scheme like the limited coupes as well, I really like that look.

              How much is it costin' you to have it done??
              1993 SW2 - Slow and Low

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Plastic Fury
                Originally posted by HighEnd777
                Going to paint it the same metallic gold color, but i think it will look better because it wont be as faded as much as the 10 year old coat that was on there.
                That's cool, it should look great with a fresh coat of gold. I want to paint the SC1 silver or white with the gloss black roof/mirror scheme like the limited coupes as well, I really like that look.

                How much is it costin' you to have it done??
                about a grand including the fiberglass work, bumper filling, pinstripe removal, preping, and all that stuff.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Thats a pretty good deal.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by hemken
                    Thats a pretty good deal.
                    +1
                    -Allan
                    Bought a 2001 Saturn SC2 new, sold it in 2008, bought it back in 2017. I don't know why.

                    The carbon-metabolizing physical presence that currently houses my conscious and those physical manifestations of my comrades all possess as our common residential abode the interior of a mid-visible spectrum double hulled buoyancy controlled ship of war!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      yeh man good deal. should look good.
                      98 SL2m - Intake, Raceland coilovers, daily driver
                      94 SW2a>m - slammed and boosted 9 PSI - sloppymechanics.com inspired. Now owned by Importsdontlikeme.
                      94 SC2m - Build in progress, Ford EDIS, 720cc's, stock engine, MS2v3.57 7 on the road again

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        got it back today. Getting alignment tomorrow. The gold is actually a lighter color than the original. It looks pretty god, but the stock wheels dont do it justice. ll put pics up when I swap wheels tomorrow.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/ttiwwop.gif[/img] jfwy frank I.E.
                          Originally posted by ECOtec Gods
                          Consider this: 800 hp is a lot on a 2.0L motor. With 750hp, three-quarters of a thousand you're basically dealing with 6.14 hp per cubic inch. Pressures and stresses of all kinds thermal and mechanical loading across the board escalate to extreme levels. A Chevrolet 5.7-liter LS1 V8 with this much specific power (horsepower per cubic inch) would be making 2,137 hp

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by AC66Bronco
                            jfwy frank I.E.
                            no youre worthless lol jfwy emo kid

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by HighEnd777
                              Originally posted by AC66Bronco
                              jfwy frank I.E.
                              no youre worthless lol jfwy emo kid
                              oh go ceawl up a whores cunt and die lol
                              Originally posted by ECOtec Gods
                              Consider this: 800 hp is a lot on a 2.0L motor. With 750hp, three-quarters of a thousand you're basically dealing with 6.14 hp per cubic inch. Pressures and stresses of all kinds thermal and mechanical loading across the board escalate to extreme levels. A Chevrolet 5.7-liter LS1 V8 with this much specific power (horsepower per cubic inch) would be making 2,137 hp

                              Comment

                              Related Topics

                              Collapse

                              There are no results that meet this criteria.

                              Working...
                              X