No announcement yet.

Polymer repairs

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Polymer repairs

    Is there any good way to repair minor scratches/dents/dings on the plastic panels? Some sort of filler, or just try to sand them smooth and repaint? I just finished a 1700 mile road trip, loaded down so much my car weighed almost 3700 lbs, and my front lip took a beating going over some rough roads. and then i opened my door into a concrete pillar at a gas station :-x
    can i restore my finish and panels without paying an arm and a leg??
    -Kevin<br /><br />&quot;Ha ha HA! Mine is an evil die!&quot;<br /><br />

  • #2
    polyflex by evercoat is what I use for fillers. that'll work fine for minor qauges. and if you want to be bold you can plastic weld some with a soldering iron


    • #3
      is that just an epoxy type deal? where can i get it, besides online?
      -Kevin<br /><br />&quot;Ha ha HA! Mine is an evil die!&quot;<br /><br />


      • #4
        straight from

        "A flexible polyester glazing putty designed for spot filling and skim coating over repair areas on flexible bumpers and plastic parts. Its flowable viscosity is ideal for filling minor imperfections such as sand scratches, nicks, dings and gouges. Poly-Flexأƒئ’أ‚آ¢أƒآ¢أ¢â€?آ¬أ…آ¾أƒâ€?أ‚آ¢ may also be used to skim coat over repair areas or large surface areas that have the original paint still intact. Blue cream hardener included."

        I'm not sure where to get it online but if need be I can order some at my shop and ship it to ya.


        Related Topics


        There are no results that meet this criteria.