L series headlights on an SL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L series headlights on an SL

I was thinking about doing something totally different with the front of my 96 SL2. I was trying to figure out whether or not older L series headlights would somehow fit onto my car. the ends of the sides seem as though they would fit and the height and all seem like its the same, but i've yet to measure the front of one of the L cars.

any suggestions, ideas, thoughts? tell me what you think and/or if you think it would even work. maybe someone could tell me measurements. any input would be awesome.
    98 SL2m - Intake, Raceland coilovers, daily driver
    94 SW2a>m - slammed and boosted 9 PSI - sloppymechanics.com inspired. Now owned by Importsdontlikeme.
    94 SC2m - Build in progress, Ford EDIS, 720cc's, stock engine, MS2v3.57 7 on the road again

Right of the bat they wont fit you are going to need to modify maybe even mold.
    OMAR<br /> NY Biatch!!!<br /><br />FIRST PROJECT DONE AND GONE. POSSIBLY, MAYBE, A SECOND PROJECT IN THE FUTURE???<br />[img width=473 height=230]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/schizzo941/decent%20shots/omarflamesignature.gif[/img]

Comment

yup mad amount of fiberglass work involved here
      Fucking Pringle bastards.

Comment

What i was thinking in the end, was buying an Integra bumper and then putting the lights on and making a custom grille to go in the big empty spot.

one of these two bumpers

I've seen a few guys with SLs fit early integra front ends on their car, i'll just have to get a little better with molding and such.
        94 SW2a>m - slammed and boosted 9 PSI - sloppymechanics.com inspired. Now owned by Importsdontlikeme.
        94 SC2m - Build in progress, Ford EDIS, 720cc's, stock engine, MS2v3.57 7 on the road again

Comment

why not save the effort andjsut buy a effin integra or put money into more impressive mods (ones that make car go fast!). I don't know about you guys, but i'd rather see a 4 door grocery getter with a turbo then the biggest ugliest japanese/korean/whatever body kit on it.

but thats just my opinion. if i had the knowledge, money, time, and place to do it, i'd certainly be down to turbo my car. but i can't even change my oil where i live... never mind the work involved with doing a turbo setup.[/b]
          lawd it's been a long time

Comment

thers a guy in highland w/ a kia sephia w/ a honda kit on it
            and a neon in new paltz thats tiny and all custom its like the size of a mini
            and i give them credit for being original
            the kia has lots of fiberglass on it and the neon has a V tail light setup thats shaved so everything is recessed and smooth
            sigpic-VOLVO 745T 175K MBC ...
            - 9 BOLT Aluminum Intake 3rd gen sedan... Beige... 160K

You're so crazy! enough in a way that i'll probably say you destroyed me!
            ~The Used

Comment

im going to use double-sided tape to put mustang badges over my saturn ones!!

joking though.. i can appreciate the work and such, but some just look tacky, ie the L-series with a nissan (?i think?) kit and such.
              lawd it's been a long time

Comment

i definately agree with u darth onthe tackyness issue....

but part of me thinks this could be interesting....

if done rite it could almost come out silvia-ish....mayb....who knows....

this falls under the....its ur car....roll with it...

(and no the l-series with the nissan kit does not fall under the "its ur car" category.....that shits just fugly)
                1995 Saturn SW2: Crushed
                1995 Saturn SW2: Lower Than You

Comment

haha, well i'm not gunna put together an ugly Lseries/nissan thing. I have a friend that freakin awesome with body work so i'll have to have him help me out. He does this stuff all the time so i'll have to have him show me how to work with fiberglass and stuff. I'll see how it goes with money and such for now.

Comment

someone here in winter haven has mustang wheels with corvette caps on their camero
                    [quote author="triman54 on s2ki.com, May 16 2008, 04:02 PM"] A Saturn is like a box of chocolates... [/quote]<br /><br />2007 Central Florida Region East Coast Champion STS<br />2007 CFR West Coast Champion STS<br /><br />

Comment

Originally posted by xupthree60
                      someone here in winter haven has mustang wheels with corvette caps on their camero
                      I'm not trying to be mean, but do you try to ruin every thread on the site? I mean, wtf does this have to do with anything?
                      Jeff W.
                      Old Fella Nobody Remembers

Comment

everything, we are talking about putting parts made for other cars on different cars like how

therealm0rh0us said
                        thers a guy in highland w/ a kia sephia w/ a honda kit on it
                        and a neon in new paltz thats tiny and all custom its like the size of a mini
                        and i give them credit for being original
                        the kia has lots of fiberglass on it and the neon has a V tail light setup thats shaved so everything is recessed and smooth
                        or how Darthn3ss said
                        im going to use double-sided tape to put mustang badges over my saturn ones!!
                        [quote author="triman54 on s2ki.com, May 16 2008, 04:02 PM"] A Saturn is like a box of chocolates... [/quote]<br /><br />2007 Central Florida Region East Coast Champion STS<br />2007 CFR West Coast Champion STS<br /><br />

Comment

I got a Nissan body kit..........lol. Is this considered thread hijacking?
                          Rob

Comment

I'm not sure. I just wanted some measurements on the headlights though, if anyone could be so kind.

Comment

i personally dont like either of those kits, even the s-icon kit is somewhat ok in my book but there are some features i dont like about it.

but hell if thats ur style man go for it, i bet the end result will be nice. but just for the love of god, DO NOT put type r stickers on it lol [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/lol.gif[/img]
                              [color=red]-Tyler[/color]<br /><br />2005 Chevy Trailblazer<br />1999 Saturn SL2<br />2002 Suzuki Bandit 1200

Comment