Steering Wheel Bosses for ION?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering Wheel Bosses for ION?

I can't for the life of me find a steering wheel boss that will work for the ION. I'd like to replace the stock one with an aftermarket one. Yes I understand that I will be removing the stock airbag, yes I understand that this is pretty much illegal...however since this is going to be a drag car I'd like to get rid of the stock steering wheel for looks and functionality.

Any help here? Throw me a linky if you got one.

Tim

no luck when I looked a while back

although, the newer wheels will fit, as will the redline wheel, and look a lot better than the bumper-car cushion I have going on in mine. maybe consider that Tim and you can still retain the airbag.

-Vin on Frank's ID

Comment

Thing is I'm probably going with 4 point harnesses eventually, don't really thing airbags are going to help much with those. Depending on what I run at the track the rules will determine what I need be it: rollbar, harnesses or what.

In any case, I'm going to get some Corbeau seats and Schroth 4pt's sometime in the near future. And I have the newer steering wheel anyhow, the one that looks like the RL but isnt leather wrapped...OOOOH. LOL

Tim

Comment