quick question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quick question?

numero uno: When i get my windows tinted, will using the rear defroster mess up the tint?
    lawd it's been a long time

i just tinted my windows a week ago i waited till i was able to roll down the windows to use the rear defroster. but i haven't heard of anyone else having problems.
    STC-NY

Comment

alot of people have alot of bubbles on their defroster. [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/sad.gif[/img]
      Just baught a Big Mac, Throw some Cheese on that bitch...
      <br />
      <br />**i*14: i actually shot a bird for sitting over my car
      <br />
      <br />tool:
      <br />One who lacks the mental capacity to know he is being used
      <br />
      <br />[quote author="Schizzo97SC2"]what have we learned boys and girls? SOHC's are not fast. ever.[/quote]

Comment

yeah thats what im worried about. i don't want to drop $160 for tint and then 2 years later (Even though i won't have a/this saturn in 2 years. who knows, i might get another! anyway>) the back window is looking all nasty and shit.. i see alot of saturns with ugly looking tint and i've seen some other cars with rough back windows, bubbles, peeling, etc.

Comment

since you're *getting* your windows tinted (a wise move, BTW), make sure you get a warranty. Then you don't have to worry about it. [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/wink.gif[/img]
          SaturnSeries.net Owner
          '99 SC2 Project Car build thread

Comment

I've had my windows tinted ever since I got the car (3 years ago) and I'm just noticing they need redone. I can hardly see well out of my back window. I'm not sure if it's from the back defroster or what. I agree with my man PurdueGuy and see if they have any kind of warranty.
            sigpic
            Former owner of the Turtle
            (Sold 2017)98 SC2
            98 Honda CR-V my dd

Comment

the little bubbles around the edge of the rear window is known as the matrix effect. its suppose to happen around the edge but everything else should be smooth
              STC-NY

Comment

whoa the Matrix I've been there once. I was just kidding, Anyway has anyone Ever tried using Nightshade aas a tint? how would it look and woult it be a good/bad idea?
                sigpic

Comment

go for it...interesting idea. maybe i'll find some cheap glass and try it.

you would actually have to remove the windows to do a decent job.. unless its not very runny stuff. it'd probably be harder to remove too.

edit: i could just not use it and steal some defroster spray from work. im sure it works on windows... or i could probably find something that would work.

Comment

Re: quick question?

Originally posted by Darthn3ss
                    numero uno: When i get my windows tinted, will using the rear defroster mess up the tint?
                    ur windowz defroser shud be good dude.

Comment

I had an old SL tinted up in Maryland when I lived there and the guy did an amazing job on the install. He told me to wait a week before using the defroster so I did, just to make sure. I had that tint in the car for 6+ years and used the defroster all the time in the winter with no trouble at all.

I think it might come down to quality of the film used and the quality of the work/install.
                      1993 SW2 - Slow and Low

Comment

niteshades makes spray on window tint btw, looks awesome till you roll down the windows and the weather stripping peels it off. some guy at a local speed shop told me about the few people that had come in and had tried it
                        Black 2006 Cobalt SS/SC
                        ZZP | GMPP |EBC |GM Stg2

Comment

a friend of mine actually has the niteshades on the exterior of his back window, and tint around the rest of the car...thing is u have to tint the rear first, then get the tint to match, haha!! it looked well done, i just wont try it peronally
                          they said it couldn&#39;t be done, i said watch and learn

Comment

got all my windows done a couple months ago 20%
                            the back window still looks the same i use the defroster everyday.
                            \ [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/shock.gif[/img]
                            sigpicSean. RIP 94 SL2
                            04 Ion Redline

Comment

Yup, if they did a good job, you should be able to use the defroster with no problem. Had mine done for about a year and still looks good.

The Site ---> http://gyrlspeedracingteam.com
                              Buy something dammit ---> http://gyrlspeedracingteam.com/shop
                              ***Secretly wants a VW R32***

Comment